Willard Horizon info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captn H

Hello I stumbled onto this form while try to find some info on the 30' willard horizons. I like the salty stout look. But how useful are the sails, I know they built the 8ton hull with a little deeper keel which I'm sure probably sails better but I want a pilot house for year around cruising here in puget sound and north. There is a Horizon in Everett Wa for sale that I am going to try and see this weekend. I believe it has the perkins 4-108 how many hours do these run with proper maintenance ? What are the problem areas I need to look at on willards ? anything that is bad on the horizon model, rigging ? thanks for any info.

I've spent over an hour on that boat Captn H. It's an old boat w almost nothing new on her and a bit run down looking. BUT she seem quite sound. There's a spot of rot on the roof and on the stbd aft window. The 4-108 Perky is better as it does not have the wet liners that usually eventually leak. Take a look at her but I don't think she's worth the asking price. Most people buy the boat that looks nice so you may have plenty of time to look and think and make low offers. There's a survey on her but it was probably made in the interest of selling the boat. If you really want a Horizon have your own survey done, come to grips w what the boat is really worth and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom