Willard was building production trawlers three years earlier than Grand Banks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chuck Gould

Vessel Name
Dear Prudence
Vessel Make
Eagle 40
At least according to the Willard web site

An article with some general historic notes about Willard, some comments on displacement hulls, and a close look at one of the last Willard pleasure boats ever built- a 30 PH.

Pacific Nor

(tip: use the Z key to zoom in and out on the page, and the directional arrows to navigate around)

So who bought the molds? Any chance seeing newly built 40' pilothouse motorsailors?

Chuck,

I hear those old Willard are really tough boats capable of taking on haevy Seas and even strange "derelict" type characters. The Willard Rendezvous this past year had a wonderful array of styles and sizes. They are a great group of people as unique as their vessels.

I really appreciate your publication and its coverage of some of the older classic trawlers the PNW has cruising its waters. Thanks for a useful and well done publication.

I made an offer on that boat in January of this year. It has some very nice options installed, an opening hatch in the main cabin roof as a skylight, canvas cover for the cockpit, and a cabin door on the port side of the pilothouse as well as the starboard. I am going to incorporate a few into mine, which is one of the last 5 Willard 30's. A sister ship to this one is in the article Small Boat on a Big Ocean. Another is a custom widebody, so I found 3 of the last five, of which two were for sale. This vessel is still for sale through Waterline Boats in Seattle. Priced above where it could be expected to Survey, which is why I have another :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom