Old 06-22-2011, 04:30 AM   #41
FF
Guru

Post a Photo of Your Boat

We want to do the Loop.

Again why a "trawler"?

The loop is mostly an inshore run , it has been done in the 50's with 18ftt outboards --the wrong way!

Jet skis , no problem.

If it moves and floats the loop is a snap.

AFTER the loop , what level of speed is required. IS 6K or 7K OK?

Is "ocean worthy " in your plans (at an extra 300%) over a simple shore cruiser.

-- Edited by FF on Wednesday 22nd of June 2011 04:32:07 AM

FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #42
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Post a Photo of Your Boat

Holy Smokes am I glad I stopped in here to see these Willards. The Willard 40 was our first choice for our trawler, but we live in the shallows of Biscayne Bay and love to languish in gunk holes everywhere, so we went with a very shallow draft boat. A good Willard, as far as we're concerned, is as good as it gets. Patrick....alohaboat is our size pic for a Willard, and yours is absolutely awesome. During our search, there was a west-coast Willard on the market with a John Deere. I remember them saying "the boat looked new from a distance, and when you got close, it still looked like a new boat". Was that your Willard? Big bucks, and well worth it. So very well done.

Craig, Kozad is superb.

Eric, Willy couldn't be any better (even with a round port hole and a fly bridge).

**I've never seen a Willard that wasn't an interesting boat, no matter the condition. *

-- Edited by healhustler on Friday 12th of August 2011 07:14:10 PM

healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #43
Grand Vizier

RE: Post a Photo of Your Boat

Really nice Eric.* That's a lot of interior space in a compact package.* Impressive.
Delfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #44
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'

Nice words Carl....thank you. Much nicer comment than I got before. Previously I was told I needed to make my bed I usually just sleep out of a bag. Are you referring to my pics on page one of this thread? I'm sure if you spent time cruising Willy you'd find her a bit cramped. Full walk around side decks take a big chunk out of cabin space. The Willard is a hotel though compared to our 25 Albin. Would be better off w the Voyager model. Sorry the pic is not clear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	all to 12-15-09 426.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	7059  
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #45

Quote:
*During our search, there was a west-coast Willard on the market with a John Deere. I remember them saying "the boat looked new from a distance, and when you got close, it still looked like a new boat". Was that your Willard? Big bucks, and well worth it. So very well done.
No that was not my boat.* ALOHA is the only Willard that came from the factory with a John Deere engine (at my request).* The engine has proved so successful that a couple of owners of older Willard 40s have repowered with that same engine.* The boat you are referencing was an older Willard Flybridge Sedan (mine is a Pilothouse version) that was completely restored and repowered with the Deere engine by the meticulous owner in the PNW.* The results were impressive.* That boat sold long ago.

Concerning draft, a Willard 40 draws 4'-3" at half load, an inch or two more at full load.

alohaboat is offline   Reply With Quote