forward engine room willard 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peapod

Veteran Member
The willard 30 we are looking at has a forward engine room. location is in front of the helm in the bow of the boat. All the willards 30's we have seen engine is located midship or aft of mid ship. Would like to know your thoughts on this. Great lay out for working on but what about weight this far forward. We would appreciate any help on this. Thanks Peapod

Hey Pea,

*** Did you buy that strange Willard? Never heard of such a thing. With* the batteries and other equipment, maybe even fuel moved aft*that could be a workable arrangement.* Long prop shaft would sure have a lot of windup. I wonder what model it was/is?

*** Eric Henning

-- Edited by nomadwilly at 16:51, 2009-03-12

Hi Nomadwilly, The answer to your question is no the boat was sold just after I looked at it. The Willard was a custom one of a kind and was listed as a 1995 but the hull was built in the 70's but never was used. The great thing about the forward engine room was you could walk in and sit down and service the engine. It had a aft berth that was under the cockpit.The boat was setup to take heavy seas. Sorry I missed her but i am still looking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom