Come on you Willard Owners!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Hey Willard owners!
Let's see some photos. I don't have a Willard but I've been attracted to them for years!

Walt

-- Edited by dougd1 at 14:14, 2007-10-21

RE: Come on you Wiiard Owners!

Well, Boomarang is not a Willard.* It is a 1973 Fales that was probably pulled from a Willard mold before Mr. Fales decided to cut it in half and stretch it by 2 feet to create the Fales 32 foot models.* If you visit her web page you can see a few more pics, some details, and a copy of an original sales brochure.

Come on you Willard guys!* Am I going to have to rename this Forum the Fales/(Willard) Forum?
smile.gif

Doug Dupuis
http://myboomarang.com

-- Edited by dougd1 at 18:23, 2007-10-22

Attachments

• just cruising.jpg
    just cruising.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 520
  • at anchor.jpg
    at anchor.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 534
OK Willard is here. I don't have the vaguest idea how to post a picture ... sorry Seahorse ...and others. My boat is not much different than Doug's Fales. The wheelhouse is taller and the aft part of the cabin is much taller. The windows are much larger and the engine is much smaller. My Willard Nomad has exactly the same hull as Doug's Fales and has seen extensive refit as well. I'm a member of the Willard boat owners group on Yahoo. Unlike the Forum they have been at it for 7 years and have discussed everything imaginable at least 7 times . The WBO is a more serious and conservative group but the amount of knoledge on the message board is truly amazing. This group is going to be more fun and I'm glad to be a member .

Eric F Henning
M/V Willy
Thorne Bay AK

Eric
*** Welcome! Posting is relatively easy if you have photos already loaded into your computer. In the first section of the main menu, you'll find several posts about uploading photos. First, try creating an Avatar, which is nothing more than a thumbnail which will appear in all your postings. It could be a photo of you or your boat, or any other icon you'd like to represent yourself. There are instructions in the Technical section within the general section at the top of the main menu. There are also instructions on loading other photos. Good Luck!
smile.gif

Veronica is aboard.* I will attach some photos just for fun.* I added bilge keels to reduce the roll.* They do so very successfully.

Bob Salmons

Attachments

• img_0365.jpg
    img_0365.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 499
  • img_0370.jpg
    img_0370.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 312
  • img_0375.jpg
    img_0375.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 308
Hello Carey
Thanks for the support with the information. Now that it's winter in Alaska I should have time to gather some skills on the computer so I'll be once again literate. My dad had a lobster boat made with airex foam and powered with a 6-71. I do like this site but it's a bit over my head.
We kayak too. Paddled with Hole in the Wall and you are probably w WAKE.
We will be comming down to LaConner to finnish our boat refit in May.

Eric Henning
M/V Willy
Thorne Bay Alaska

Eric
*** Yes, I was a member of Wake for about ten years. Got the big boat, and don't do much with the club anymore. Just paddle solo off the big boat. I also play kayak polo in Bellingham Bay throughout spring, summer and fall.

Hey bobandmilly, how bout a profile view of that boat? She sure looks good!

Alright;* some info and photos on*our Willard.*

MV Kozad is a 1974 Willard 30 Voyager; this is a Pilot House, wide body salon which has a well laid out interior which provides very nice*space for a cruising couple.

We bought the boat in April '07 and although we have not yet done a lot of cruising*we are anxious to start our 2008 extended cruising in the*PNW, B.C. Coastal waters with the goal to eventually cruise up to and including Alaska.* The Perkins 4108 & Borg Warner Velvet Tans. drive the boat at 6.5 to 7 knots using 1GPH and we have an*nice cruising*range as we carry 130 gallons fuel, 100 of water and a 40 gallon holding tank.

Kozad underwent a total refit/refurbish in 2003*(new interior, cabinets*& surfaces, windows, teak & holley floor, new electrical, plumbing, tanks, head, galley, hull & topside paint, blister peel and rebuild of hull, new hardware, lifelines, etc, etc,*etc).*

The next Previous Owner did*some additional work*in*2006 (has 60hrs SMOH rebuild on Perkins, removed & rebedded the entire caprail to deal with leaks, new polymer plastic engine mounts & shaft coupling).**

In*2007*we did some extensive work ourselves to bring Kozad up to her pristine condition once again and to be outfitted*for our cruising style.
We*installled a St. Croix removeable davit system to carry our Walker Bay Genesis RIB (8'10") powered by a Yamaha 8hp 2 stroke, a Freeman Hatch to access the limited previous accessible lazerette, new Rocna anchor, windlass, chain & rode ground tackle, along with new electrical system (batteries, inverter, charger, altenator, regulator, digital monitor sytem, wiring), repaired leaks which only showed up under heavy weather, rebedded all topside fittings to ensure no future leaks, and the list goes on and on!

This boat is now once again in like new condition and is outfitted for Coastal Cruising and extended anchoraging.

I hope the photos do her justice?

Regards

Craig & Jan Tomash
MV Kozad
1974 W30
Voyager Hull #74

-- Edited by Craig Tomash at 15:50, 2007-11-15

Attachments

• head imgp0150.jpg
    head imgp0150.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 276
  • aft fr galley imgp0149.jpg
    aft fr galley imgp0149.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,191
  • looking aft imgp0148.jpg
    looking aft imgp0148.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 284
  • st. croix davits imgp0138.jpg
    st. croix davits imgp0138.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 265
  • view forward imgp0141.jpg
    view forward imgp0141.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 460
  • galley imgp0144.jpg
    galley imgp0144.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 590
  • ph controls imgp0142.jpg
    ph controls imgp0142.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 258
  • freeman hatch img_0696.jpg
    freeman hatch img_0696.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 294
  • kozad imgp0133.jpg
    kozad imgp0133.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 330
  • mv kozad  033.jpg
    mv kozad 033.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 304
  • new anchor & windlass imgp0183.jpg
    new anchor & windlass imgp0183.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 292
  • access to lazerette img_0699.jpg
    access to lazerette img_0699.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 240
Holy Cow! Bob and Craig your Willy's look great! Thanks for sharing, I've been a big fan for a long time. Two or three years ago there was a story about a 30' Willard that had crossed the Gulf of Alaska. It had pulled into a port down around the Juneau area after the new owner had picked his new (to him) boat up across the gulf somewhere around the Kodiak area. That would be a challenging trip anytime of the year. The couple that was telling the story in Passagemaker or one of the other trawler mags, don't remember exactly which one (CRS) said that he wasn't phased at all by the journey and was very matter of fact at their astonishment. Do you know of any Willards for sale? Thanks again. Best regards, Bill

Craig & Jan:

That's a beautiful little trawler......my kind of boat!* Thanks for the photos

Walt
wink.gif

Thanks for the compliments....

There are a number of Willard 40 Sedans, one W40 PH, one W40 MS one W36 and a couple of W30's for sale.* Not sure if you know but*it is hard to find*two Willards that are a like in layout, mechanical, specs, etc... with the exception that the hulls*(ie. 40 36 & 30),

A lot of*Willards, especially the 30's*are sometimes described as work boats;* not sure if that means they need a lot of work?* Our boat, W30 Seagull out of Chicago area, Ricon and Sanderling both*W40*and a couple other models*have been extensively upgraded and outfitted bringing them*up to excellent*condition.

If you are interested in Willards a great site is the Willard Boat Owner's forum you can join at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WillardBoatOwners/

There is a ton of information, input and photos of owners boats.....

Also of interest http://www.mvrincon.com/2007%20Willard%20Rendzvous.htm

which outlines the 2007 PNW Willard Rendezvous which was recently held in Port Townsend, Wa.

I have attached a photo of what a W30 Voyager looks like under power (MV Seagull a sister ship to ours) .* She has her steadying sail up which helps in a beam sea...*

These boats are very safe and seaworthy, easy to operate and nice to own.

Craig

-- Edited by Craig Tomash at 17:42, 2007-11-16

Attachments

• willard 30.jpg
    willard 30.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,133
Bill--

Unless it's already been sold, there is a 30' Willard for sale in Bellingham, Wa. It belongs to the author Clyde Ford. I know there was someone seriously looking at the boat not too long ago but I don't know the outcome. Clyde used to have a link to the boat on his website, but I don't see it there now. But you could contact Clyde through his website and ask about the status of the boat.

-- Edited by Marin at 20:49, 2007-11-16

Hey* CapnWill,

Wait till the Admiral finds out I've been posting pictures of my Willy on the internet!!!* Big trouble.*
weirdface.gif

Bob Salmons

Bob:
How about a few comments on your rolling chocks?* We've been thinking about adding them to our Krogen for the odd time we have those nasty beam seas.* Sure would be a more reasonable cost than active fin or paravanes although less effective.* Would we see a roll reduction of 10% or more?* Just need some real world experience.

Thanks,
Tom

Anyone in the PNW interested in a Willard 30, I have learned that author Clyde Ford's boat is off the market right now while he has some leaking window issues dealt with. After the repairs are completed, I'm told he plans to put it back on the market.

-- Edited by Marin at 14:33, 2007-11-17

Northstar is a 40' Willard widebody Vega sedan. Her hull was layed in 1973 and she was commissioined and launched in Costa Mesa, CA in 1978. We repowered last year with a 139hp American Diesel (Lehman) and added an articulating rudder for improved low speed manueverabiity. Most everything else has been replaced or upgraded. Enjoy the pics!

-- Edited by nwboater at 23:23, 2009-02-09

Attachments

• three quarter view at anchor with sail up.jpg
    three quarter view at anchor with sail up.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 496
  • cockpit.jpg
    cockpit.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 310
  • galley.jpg
    galley.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 244
  • interior portside.jpg
    interior portside.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 291
  • flybridge stairs.jpg
    flybridge stairs.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 299
  • toba inlet.jpg
    toba inlet.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 297
  • n 139 american diesel.jpg
    n 139 american diesel.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 262
WOW....what a beautiful boat!!!! I have always monitored the Willards on Yachtworld. There have been some good boats go thru there and fairly reasonable prices. The 40 has always been my favorite! Great looking boat for sure.

Here is our Willard, a Vega 30 Horizon Motor sailor.**

Picture shows it fresh from the 'glass show, where they made some mods for me, see the slightly taller wheelhouse by 3 inches, and permanent dodger aft, where the outside steering will be.* They also put a layer of glass over everything from the rails in, then repaired the topsides and gave it a great two tone Awl-Grip paint job.

Now in the process of freshening up the interior with pine and locust.

Hope for a spring launching and to try that old Perkins!

Dan

Hi, we just purchase our 1966 Willard Trawler in Aug. 2011. We are loving it!!!

Attachments

• bigboat.jpg
    bigboat.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 285
Arrivederci wrote:
Hi, we just purchase our 1966 Willard Trawler in Aug. 2011. We are loving it!!!
That is a very interesting Willard. Looks way better than a 1966 era boat usually looks!*

More details? More pics?

Arriverderci, nice boat! Where do you keep her?

-- Edited by dougd1 on Monday 20th of February 2012 11:17:27 AM

1973 Willard 30

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here own a Willard 30? I'm getting ready to buy one and I would like to know the height from the bottom of the keel to the top of the pilot house. Any input you may have if you own one of these will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Boat.jpg
    Boat.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 94
Can’t answer that but if you’re near the boat measure the height from the WL up and add the 3.5’ draft. That should be real close.

Looks like it actually was a troller.

Willard Photos

Here are a few - 1972 Willard Vega Searcher - new to me spring 2018.

Attachments

• 01CB0967-0F3A-448A-BC54-E4294087B6CF.jpg
    01CB0967-0F3A-448A-BC54-E4294087B6CF.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 0531B04D-A981-473D-A3F7-2A8F0C7252C5.jpg
    0531B04D-A981-473D-A3F7-2A8F0C7252C5.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 102
Just saw this thread now

Im coming up on my second year with Broadbill a 36 sedan and is hull number 12,powered by a Detroit 453 with 1700 hrs,with rebuilt 72c velvet drive new aquamet 22 shaft and matching rudder post,she is mechanically in great shape and would have no problem with long distance cruising ive done alot of upgrades and totally love the 36 hull she is a beast,couldn't image how nice the 40 would be,and the compliments she receives is unbelievable,and was love at first sight

Attachments

• 20210907_190919.jpg
    20210907_190919.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 20
Im coming up on my second year with Broadbill a 36 sedan and is hull number 12,powered by a Detroit 453 with 1700 hrs,with rebuilt 72c velvet drive new aquamet 22 shaft and matching rudder post,she is mechanically in great shape and would have no problem with long distance cruising ive done alot of upgrades and totally love the 36 hull she is a beast,couldn't image how nice the 40 would be,and the compliments she receives is unbelievable,and was love at first sight

Very nice! We have a 30’ Searcher hull #15 and are home ported in Bellingham, WA.

IMG_5650.jpg

36 sedan

Going on 2nd year with with this beast

Attachments

• 20211214_065103.jpg
    20211214_065103.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom