Another Willard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 36 Willard is more of a ship than a boat. Huge compared to my W30.

The hull is completely different and then much the same in many ways. It's a big boat in all ways. Deep, wide, full at the ends and even tall. The angle of hull entry fwd is not slim at all. She makes more of a bow wave than any other Willard and probably most other trawlers. May not be that different than Mark's Coot though. All I can think of is that they are shaped more like a ship than any other pleasure boat I can think of. Very efficient for her payload if not overdriven. Like a freighter.

Never been in one underway so don't know what it's like way up there in the wheelhouse when it's rolly. But it's the only W36 that has reasonable fwd visability and there were very few of them made. Desipte that they seem to come up for sale fairly often. A person looking for one may disagree w me though.

I for one really like the style of the 36' pilothouse boats from the outside.

Very salty!

I love the W-36 of this style. One of my favorite vessels. Side by side given the same condition, I'd take it over the 40, and that's saying something cuz I love the 40 too, and the 30 for that matter!

Last edited:
I wish I had a 26 - 28' Voyager w the 36 hull.

I like it . It looks pretty original .

So I ended up sending a link to this listing to a friend of mine, got a call from him today, he bought it. He plans on a repower and full restoration. He's going to do it here in Anacortes so it'll be fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom