47' WIllard For Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spee Bi Dah?

I think having to polish brass stove-pipes is a bit over the top.

Don't like the look of the Portugese bridge, don't like the small cockpit, don't like no walkaround decks, don't like the split galley. Like the curved windows in the pilothouse, like the the standard of care which is outstanding, if the photos are accurate. Don't like the fake stack, it's an affectation I don't need...

I think it's a boat you need to see in person, otherwise except for the care put into it, it doesn't work for me.

Oh yeah, why have a hydraulic filter on your tank and not run all the return hoses through it?

It's interesting to see all the excitement over and attention garnered by what is ostensibly just a nearly half-century old fiberglass trawler.

Count me among the fans, I absolutely love this boat! If it was available at the time I was in the market, I probably would have bought it (though I'd prefer walk-around decks). To me, it has so much character, seems well-built and very 'salty'.

With all the enthusiasm over this boat, it makes me wonder why only 4 of them were built, and why there isn't something close to it on the market right now? It seems there is a market and demand for this boat...

With all the enthusiasm over this boat, it makes me wonder why only 4 of them were built, and why there isn't something close to it on the market right now? It seems there is a market and demand for this boat...

An argument can be made that they are.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1400869967.319628.jpg

Or at least a reasonably close facsimile.

Good point!

Though, aren't the DeFevers full displacement, while the Willard is 'semi-displacement'?

A couple of Seeley designs, the 47' is (I believe) the hull built by Willard.

Seeley38.jpg

Seeley47.jpg

I took this a year ago.

Beautiful boat And would be great for Florida w her shallow draft. She's not even as deep as Willy. I like the profile of this 47' boat a lot.

The North Sea 38 is a very boxy boat from above. Should lie nicely alongside a float though. Unlike Willy that is curved like a sailboat.
The 38 is more like a FD boat and not too far from a GB. Her engine is fwd as it should be IMO and she's not as heavy as she looks. Perhaps i'm just too accustomed to FG boats and the heavy plastic. "double planked-mahogany over plywood". Interesting. Like plywood sheathed and planks riveted to the plywood? I thought about that in the past and wonder how well it works. Probably not fun to repair but strong and light.
I love the list of boat features on this 38.

Attachments

• DSCF1010 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1010 copy 2.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
For an interesting comparison to a 40 year newer vessel, pull up the 47 DeFever on this site:

AAA yacht finders international

You'll likely have to type it in, I'm not in best of coverage area

Last edited:
I ran across her last summer cruising in the San Juans. Absolutely stunning! and methinks a bargain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom