30 foot Willard in RI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, they're not as rare as I thought. There is one in Boston who I see chugging along from time to time in the harbor.

I have zero knowledge/affiliation of this boat whatsoever, but do know Willards better than most.

Starting in 1972, about 150 W30's were built in several different configurations. This is a "Voyager" model and is perhaps the most desirable. They were built in Costa Mesa CA so are less common on the East Coast. I used to own a 1972 W30 - current owner just took her 700 nms from Ventura California (near LA) to Olympia WA. He had to wait out a few storms, but it's an incredible trip. He reported zero problems on this nearly 50-year old boat.

If you like cruising at jogging speed (6-kts), this is a great economical Bahamas boat or Looper.

Jogging speed?? I'd call 6 knots walking speed. :)

I'd call 6 knots walking speed

7 knots is 7.7 mph.

From wiki: "Speed is another factor that distinguishes walking from running. Although walking speeds can vary greatly depending on many factors such as height, weight, age, terrain, surface, load, culture, effort, and fitness, the average human walking speed at crosswalks is about 5.0 kilometres per hour (km/h), or about 1.4 meters per second (m/s), or about 3.1 miles per hour (mph). Specific studies have found pedestrian walking speeds at crosswalks ranging from 4.51 kilometres per hour (2.80 mph) to 4.75 kilometres per hour (2.95 mph) for older individuals and from 5.32 kilometres per hour (3.31 mph) to 5.43 kilometres per hour (3.37 mph) for younger individuals;[2][3] a brisk walking speed can be around 6.5 kilometres per hour (4.0 mph).[4] In Japan, the standard measure for walking distance is 80 meters for 1 minute of walking time or 4.8km/h. Champion racewalkers can average more than 14 kilometres per hour (8.7 mph) over a distance of 20 kilometres (12 mi)"

Clearly you have never entered 10 k events or you'd know that 7.7 is a very brisk walk to say the least. From Runner's World: "Now, all that said, here is a general guideline on treadmill speeds: for most people 2 to 4 mph will be a walking speed; 4 to 5 mph will be a very fast walk or jog; and anything over 5 mph will be jogging or running."

I'd call 6 knots walking speed

7 knots is 7.7 mph.

From wiki: "Speed is another factor that distinguishes walking from running. Although walking speeds can vary greatly depending on many factors such as height, weight, age, terrain, surface, load, culture, effort, and fitness, the average human walking speed at crosswalks is about 5.0 kilometres per hour (km/h), or about 1.4 meters per second (m/s), or about 3.1 miles per hour (mph). Specific studies have found pedestrian walking speeds at crosswalks ranging from 4.51 kilometres per hour (2.80 mph) to 4.75 kilometres per hour (2.95 mph) for older individuals and from 5.32 kilometres per hour (3.31 mph) to 5.43 kilometres per hour (3.37 mph) for younger individuals;[2][3] a brisk walking speed can be around 6.5 kilometres per hour (4.0 mph).[4] In Japan, the standard measure for walking distance is 80 meters for 1 minute of walking time or 4.8km/h. Champion racewalkers can average more than 14 kilometres per hour (8.7 mph) over a distance of 20 kilometres (12 mi)"

Clearly you have never entered 10 k events or you'd know that 7.7 is a very brisk walk to say the least. From Runner's World: "Now, all that said, here is a general guideline on treadmill speeds: for most people 2 to 4 mph will be a walking speed; 4 to 5 mph will be a very fast walk or jog; and anything over 5 mph will be jogging or running."

You really just posted that?? Lol. I'd like to meet you over a beer.....or maybe not! You may try to explain the proper beer to glass pour angle. Lmao

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom