WEMA Water Quanity Sensor Ohm Reading??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jefndeb

Guru
Vessel Name
Indigo Star
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 400
Hello,

This new to us 2006 Mainship has 2 75 Gallon water tanks and a WEMA dual Quanity Gauge. (1/2 switch) Gauge needle twitches when on Tank 1 and nothing on 2.

I gained access to the Port tank sensor, cut the wires and had 242 Ohms read (pink & black) and the tank is half full...not good,,..According to a WEMA troubleshooting guide I used, 232-252 ohms equals empty, which is what the gauge is showing....I am guessing the sensor is bad but both tanks at the same time?

This what I think I have,..if anybody might know the model/part number, please pass along....

Looking for advice....

Attachments

• wema.JPG
    wema.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 57
Very, very common problem on Mainships of our era, none of them seem to work. I pulled mine out and replaced it with a SOC monitor in the same spot. Measured the water tanks and used a sharpie to mark them at 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4. Sometimes hard to see the water level in the tanks if the light is wrong, but it's foolproof.

Issue update - received the new water sensor from fisheries supply, I ordered a WEMA S5U 12 inch,...before i installed it, I twisted the wires together and the display worked...however....i ordered the wrong thread type...:banghead:

i really didn't know if it was NPT or BSP...until it was unscrewed, that was my bad there.....turns out its 1.25 BSP Thread....cant return/exchange it cause the floor is so close to the tank they have to be bent to remove from the tank...I doubt I will be able to remove this new one without bending it.....I knew I would have the same issue trying to install it so I got my extra jack from the truck and ever so gently pushed the tank top lower until I could slip the sensor in the hole.....i thought i was doing great until I tried to thread it in.......oh well...I re-ordered a WEMA S3U 11 inch one so we will see....

Back
Top Bottom