Old 07-23-2017, 08:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Chesapeake Bay
Vessel Name: Blue Heaven
Vessel Model: Mainship 430 Aft Cabin
Mainship 430 Aft Cabin wire runs

I'm looking to replace the rudder position transducer on recently acquired 2006 Mainship 430 Aft Cabin. Having trouble finding where the wires route from the engine room up to the flybridge. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, looking to install WiFi repeater on the mast. Assuming I run the cable down the inside of the mast, where do I get access to it to get it eventually over to the cabinet to port of the aft steps?
TJ Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

City: Stuart FL
Vessel Name: Miss Sheila
Vessel Model: 54 PAMA Pilothouse MY
On my 2003 model, the Rudder feedback cable came up from the engine room under the desk on the STB side. There is a square plywood access panel that can be removed. The runs go from the downstairs station on the STB side to the flybridge behind the flybridge seat back cushion. There are 2 white long plastic inserts with 6 screws that can be removed to pull your cables. I have never had to pull anything from the mast.
vacser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:43 PM   #3
Guru

City: Duvall, Wa. USA
Vessel Name: Beach Music II
Vessel Model: 2003 Mainship 430 Trawler
Vacser is correct. In case you don't know, the vertical wood panel between the windows pulls straight out for access to the wiring and tubing going up to the flybridge.
porman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Porman, thank you for that confirmation. I did suspect that when I was looking around for access points. I didn't see any screws: does it just pull off?
Also, any thoughts on the location of the Bose subwoofer and/or where to access wires coming down from inside the mast?
Old 07-26-2017, 12:48 AM   #5
Guru

City: Duvall, Wa. USA
Vessel Name: Beach Music II
Vessel Model: 2003 Mainship 430 Trawler
TJ. The wood panel between the windows pulls straight out towards the inside of the cabin. It's held in with 4 plastic snaps. Same on the port side. The starboard side is pretty full with wires and hydraulic lines for the steering and controls. The port side only has a few wires in it. I used the port side to run Pex tubing for my heating system. I don't have a Bose system, so can't help you with that. The wiring for the mast is accessed by removing the vertical pole next to the stairs. The hole is behind the plastic (Starboard?) panel at the top of the pole. I don't think there are any wires there that go down anywhere, just from the top of the mast back up to the flybridge, under the seat. Wiring for a WiFi repeater will probably have to run down the mast, back up to the flybridge, under the port seats, down the port side behind the removable panel, run aft behind the paneling to the liquor cabinet, down into the engine compartment, across to the starboard side, and then straight up to the electrical panel. Removing the 110 volt outlet under the elect. panel will help running the wire upward. I'm not tech savvy about WiFi repeaters. If all it needs is 12 volt power, then just run it to the flybridge instrument panel.
porman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Porman, thank you for the detailed explanation. I will check it out next time I'm at the boat. The Wifi repeater can run on either 12V or 110V so indeed, the easiest thing will be to run the wires to the flybridge.

Tags
430 wire cable