Water Level Sensor Inop - 2006 Maniship 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jefndeb

Guru
Vessel Name
Indigo Star
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 400
Hello,.

The water level sensor on the new to me 2006 Mainship 400 is inop. I knew this going in and on my previous sailboat I installed a Wema system, worked pretty good...

The PO showed me that there isnt enough space to remove and replace the sensor...and I just nodded my head.....any suggestions?

BTW, the indicator on ours has a 1/2 switch which I am guessing a selection between tank 1 and tank 2?

Thanks for your advice...

I had the same problem on my 2005 Mainship 400. The only way to access the sender unit is to cut a pie plate into the deck. I opted not to do that.

Check the wire connections first. Mine had a loose corroded wire. Fixed that and it started working again.

You can also purchase the sender units that go on the side of the tank. From what I hear, they work great.

Our fresh water level sensor was like that.

Too long to make the available bend to remove/replace... so I cut a hole directly above the sender (this was at the bottom of a storage space, essentially hidden), removed/replaced the sender, and then recovered the hole with a circular access port.

-Chris

I had the same problem on my 2005 Mainship 400. The only way to access the sender unit is to cut a pie plate into the deck. I opted not to do that.

Check the wire connections first. Mine had a loose corroded wire. Fixed that and it started working again.

You can also purchase the sender units that go on the side of the tank. From what I hear, they work great.

My gauges work "sometimes". Jeffrey, where did you find the corrosion, at the gauges or at the sender in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom