Spendide Washer Install in MS 430

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Water Colors

We’re closing on a new to us 430 in a week or so. We would like to install a VENTED Spendide washer/dryer combo. Do any of you knowledgeable people know where on the exterior the vent opening could be cut. Thanks

Welcome aboard. Indeed if you put one in do the vented model.

What brand of boat? Agree- we have a vented model and as long as you don’t overload the washer, works great. Menu/controls not very intuitive however.

I had a 430 they had a box you put water in where it vented into. It didn't go outside. It didn't work well.

LOL, I just pulled mine out and threw away to put inverter batteries in it’s place. I will defer to the larger group the value of a splendide.

We have had a vented unit in a boat and an RV, loved them. Just can’t overload them.

I have Splendide washer and a separate vented dryer for about 3 years, vacation use only. Does a good job of washing and I like the 1200 rpm spin cycle which speeds drying. As best i can tell it uses about 10 gallons of water per cycle.

We've had three Splendide washer/dryers. We'd only have the vented models. We had one in an RV, and two in our current boat. The original one in the boat died two months after we moved on board. It was about 35 years old, so it was entitled! We replaced it with a three year old w/d that was taken out of a fifth wheel because the owners wanted more storage. It was unused.

As with anything, if you don't follow the manufacturers instructions, overload it, or abuse it, you probably won't be happy with the performance. But follow the instructions, and you'll be happy with it!

For us, having a washer/dryer, and an icemaker, among other things is the difference between camping and living!:dance:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom