Southwest Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ALAN54

Vessel Name
ANDANTE'
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 30...1998
Hi, I am new to trawlers after 30 years of sailing. I purchased a used 30 pilot.
Does anyone the lives in the area of Ft.Myers/Sarasota have any good "go to' guy for engine, electrical repairs. I actually live in Port Charlotte and my Mainship has a Diesel engine.
Thanks,
Alan

I'm too new over here in Sarasota to have found a good "boat guy" yet, but if you just want to take is somewhere to do the work, Snead Island Boatworks has my vote. Family owned, friendly people, not inexpensive but good personnel working there for decades.

If you are going to Snead Island / Palmetto why not go to Marlow (they are maybe a mile apart).

I'm too new over here in Sarasota to have found a good "boat guy" yet, but if you just want to take is somewhere to do the work, Snead Island Boatworks has my vote. Family owned, friendly people, not inexpensive but good personnel working there for decades.

Second, Snead Island Boat Works.:thumb::thumb:

Alan
I had a 2005 pilot 30 before I got my 2006 34.
Ship is built well, structure wise, but electrical was a nightmare.
First of all You can't follow the electrical drawings ( and I have a BSEE ). The manual is a disaster.
also they purchased a lot of cheap electrical components from Mexico.
I went thru a summer when I never knew weather the engine would start. They have convoluted way of starting, that took me a while to figure out.

I had to but in new grounding and a quality control relay.

I got a lot of help from The most knowledgeable person I know about the electrics in pilot 30 vessel in the Fort Myer Area. But it was a while back and can't remember his name. If you call Mike Mascari at Bayside yachts 239-980-2202 in Ft myers. ( I bought two vessels from the dude, great guy) he will know what I'm taking about and give you the guys name and number.
John Nevelus

My MT is in Sarasota

I have used both Snead Island and Yacht services right in Sarasota have had good work from both

Back
Top Bottom