Sliding door track

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrWelsh

I have a 1999 Mainship 430. Both aft sliding doors drag and one does not open all of the way. It appears I need to replace the track the door slides on. Has anyone done this? Who manufactured the door? Where can I get the replacement parts.

John Welsh

I just had this done recently with the door going into the salon.

The panel to the left of the door needs to be removed, this was a comparatively easy job, although requires the removal of the caulking at the top and side of the panel by carefully cutting through it. Once the panel was removed the tracks can be removed, first unscrewing the track where the door isn't covering, the sliding the door over and removing the rest of the screws. After the door tracks are unscrewed the door can be lifted out. Once the door is out the trucks can be removed and the track cleaned. Replacement trucks can be ordered here at Boat Outfitters . Truck A was used both top and bottom. 2 each top and bottom.

Once the track has been cleaned and the trucks replaced, reverse the process. Check the bumpers that the door hits when you slide it open, ours were replaced with bumpers obtained at a local hardware store. Use a good marine grade caulk ( not silicone ) to seal the top and side.

Back
Top Bottom