Sliding door lockset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Luhrs Group companies often used Southco products.

Or... my sliding door key is from Mobella (Sweden); don't know if that means the inner lockset would be a Mobella product of whether the Mobella key could be mated with some other company's (Southco?) product.

I would guess it's not an uncommon topic among owners in the Yahoo group...

-Chris

Have you tried West Marine?

Have you found the manufacturer and model of the lockset and tried a web search?

carteret..I feel your pain. I have an un-mortised, exterior keyed Alpha Lock Co (apparently now defunct) that worked perfectly, until it didn't. Studied the web images, visited the big box stores for a viable alternative and tried to get two local locksmiths interested in a rebuild of the original...all to no avail. Am using the old stainless hook and eye at present. Hope you have better luck!

lockset

My sliding door didn't lock from the inside and I didn't get a key when I bought the boat. Called a local locksmith and he switched out the barrel and set me up with a key.

I have a solid wood sliding double door which has a lock like this. all you see on the outside is the lock cylinder. The inside also has a key lock and you see the mechanism. It has been very reliable. So it has a double key, inside and outside to lock and unlock.

I also somewhere in a bucket have another one at the house, what are these called?

Attachments

• 36-sliding-door-lock-bar.jpg
    36-sliding-door-lock-bar.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom