In Search of Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptHondo

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Loon
Vessel Make
1992 Grand Banks 32' Hull #855
In search of a 40' Mainship Expedition 2009 or later OR 39'-42' North Pacific Trawler. Must be located on East Coast within cruising distance of NC.
Reply by PM.
Capt Hondo

CaptHondo:

95% or better of the boats of this caliber are listed with a broker and can be found by a search on Yachtworld. Just like real estate. You are not likely to find a private sale "deal" for such a boat or on Craigslist or equivalent.

Having said that, there are often deals to be made on brokerage boats. Look and if you like, make an offer.

David

David
I agree with you 100%. I have been using all the available websites including Yachtworld, etc. I was just using all search means. Thought if there was a current Mainship owner who was considering selling, I might get a response.

OK.

Did Mainship make a change to that boat in 2009 that you are interested in, or do you just want a newer hull?

I have a good friend in Oriental, NC who is selling his 2004 Mainship 40. He is a railway engineer and is anal about the boat. For example he put on an articulating rudder. I know the boat and it is very nice. Listed on Yachtworld by Triton Yachts.

David

Yes. There was a change in the interior layout in 2009. We particularly like the new layout.

Thanks for the info. Mike at that brokerage is looking for me. The Mai ship I have seen in his listing is a 31 and got a contract Saturday. If that one falls through he will call me.
If anybody knows of any gas or diesel Maibship sedan 31 or 34 twin engines contact me please

Back
Top Bottom