rest water gage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomsboat

Vessel Make
Mainship Trawler
My fresh water gage on my 2007 40 ft mainship trawler stop working.It shows no readings on either tank.It worked last year but I filled up this year waters flowing but no reading.What can I do to correct this. Tom

If you can get to the senders at the top of the tank check to make sure both wires are still hooked up and connections are good. If that checks out pull the gauge wire and touch it to the ground wire. The gauge should read full if wiring is good and power is coming to sender.
If gauge reads full the sender is bad. If no reading then you may not be getting power from sender.

That gauge is notoriously unreliable. I gave up on mine a couple of years ago and put markings on the tanks at 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 full. I just stick my head down into the lazarette and look at the tanks to check water level.

Maybe a stupid question, but is the fresh water pump on? Mine doesn't work unless the fresh water pump is turned on.

My fresh water gage on my 2007 40 ft mainship trawler stop working.It shows no readings on either tank.It worked last year but I filled up this year waters flowing but no reading.What can I do to correct this. Tom

Hidden in-line fuse? (Ours has one.) Loose connection at the sensor or at the display?

If it's a WEMA in-tank sensor, their newer stainless version, it's pretty simple, not much to break.

-Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom