Old 06-18-2015, 03:59 PM   #1

City: Freeport, N.Y.
Vessel Name: Guns 'N' Hoses II
Vessel Model: 2004 34' Pilothouse Sedan
Resetting/Resealing Center Window Panel

I have a 2004 Pilothouse and have leaks in both the window that opens and also from the seams where the panel meets the port and starboard window sections. Does anyone have any experience in removing both and resealing and or resetting them? The frame section of the window has trim strips on each edge and screws on the top and bottom so it looks as if I can just remove it and re-bed it. The window pane seems to have rubber edging holding the glass in the frame. Can I just pull it out and seal the window and put the edging back in? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
kwmeyer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:35 PM   #2
TF Site Team

City: Jacksonville
Can you post a few pictures? It will help on the suggestions (which you'll have plenty of anyway).

We've re-bedded all the windows in our pilot house. It was pretty straight forward though. Your biggest decision will be on the bedding compound.
Larry M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:50 PM   #3
Guru

City: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale
I'd use Sikaflex 291 or Teak Decking Systems' SIS 440
Capt.Bill11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:31 PM   #4

City: cambridge
Vessel Name: Change Order
Vessel Model: Mainship 400
hello kwmeyer13, what did you do with your leaking opening window as I have the same problem on my '04 40 Mainship.
bravo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 06:36 PM   #5

City: Freeport, N.Y.
Vessel Name: Guns 'N' Hoses II
Vessel Model: 2004 34' Pilothouse Sedan
A late entry on this......I removed the window, frame and all, by taking out the screws that are under/inside the top edge. They hold the frame to the hinge. I then proceeded to remove the old rubber/foam gasket on the outer edge. Cleaned the track up with 3m adhesive remove and then applied weather stripping I got from the hardware store. I think it was 5/8 wide by 1/2 thick rubber not foam. Put the whole shebang back together and took her for a cruise to P-Town on Cape Cod and back to Freeport L.I. I woulld have to say this fixed about 90% of my problem. Next step is to take out the entire center panel/frame that holds the whole window assembly and re caulk the entire thing. For that I think I will be using butyl tape and 4200. Hopefully I remember to take pictures as I go so I can post for others to see the process in case they need to do the same thing.
kwmeyer13 is offline   Reply With Quote