Old 06-11-2017, 05:52 PM   #1

City: Hyannis, MA
Getting wires to the helm 2002 34 Pilot.. help

I'm installing a radar unit on my 34 Pilot and have had a relatively easy time fishing cable through the cabin top and down the starboard chase and can't get any further. When I run a wire fish from the helm to the corner in either direction I haven't had success. What is the best way to tackle this? Hopefully I'm missing the obvious and don't need to remove the headliner in the cabin that is directly below the windshield chase.
Is it possible that the wires drop into the engine room and then are routed up to the helm? I haven't explored that option.
Thanks for any help!
Jeff
M/V Jubilant
2002 34 Pilot
Cape Cod, MA
Jeffg47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:56 AM   #2

City: Freeport, N.Y.
Vessel Name: Guns 'N' Hoses II
Vessel Model: 2004 34' Pilothouse Sedan
Jeff, not sure if yours is the same as mine. I know it as a Pilothouse sedan. After my wires come down the wire chase in the front starboard corner of the pilot house they come back along the window and pop out through a cut out under the helm. Sorry about the pic being sideways. No idea why that is happening. When I changed the radar and gps antenna out I was able to use a wire snake to get the wires down to the front corner. From there I was able to back the slack out of the radio antenna from under the helm out the front corner access panel. From there I taped the new radar and gps wire to the radio antenna wire and fed them through and under the helm. Hope this makes sense I know I did not explain it to well.
Good Luck,
Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0524.jpg  
Freeport, NY
kwmeyer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:08 AM   #3
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
Might want to use an existing wire to pull the new wires thru. I have done several times or may come down tp drill a new hole or make existing hole bigger.
Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote