Replacement head installation 1980 34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dwk

Vessel Name
Patty Ann
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 MK1 1980
Looking for suggestions,information ,etc in upgrading head in vintage MK1 Mainship. We currently have the 1980 set up consisting of manual head on top of a 8-10 gallon holding tank. Our plan is to place a holding tank under the floor between galley and head plus install a new head. The deck pumpout fitting is not accessible to extend pumpout hose to new holding tank. This is where I need suggestions to accomplish this upgrade. What have others done? Also What brand toilets ( no vacuum flush) for replacement. All suggestions,ideas,experiences appreciated. Thanks!

I put in a Raritan Marine Elegance with the smart controller on the recommendation of Peggy Hall. Nice head, low water consumption. It is not cheap, but nothing like a vacuum flush head. You will have to figure out a way to get the pump out hose to your holding tank. You might ask on the Mainship users group if anyone has done it. Good luck.

Comodave beat me to it. Raritan Marine Elegance and get the fresh water flush option.

Don't know if it would help making the connection with the holding tank but Raritan sanitation hose is very flexible.

We had an '87 Mik III version of your boat, with that Traveler head arrangement. Actually found it worked well enough, so our only issue was about capacity.

Today, and in the Chesapeake, I'd consider installing a Raritan Purasan treatment system, with their Hold 'N' Treat control system. In your case, the Traveler tank may well suffice as the "hold" part so you maybe wouldn't need the HNT holding tank parts. Probably no change in pump-out hose/outlet required.

Not inexpensive, but also maybe relatively easy.

-Chris

I'd also recommend keeping the SeaLand Traveler...although you might want to "upgrade" it to the current 711-M28 version. Defender has the best description of it: SeaLand Traveler at Defender It's designed to use onboard pressurized fresh water and because it needs so little of it--only enough to rinse the bowl--you'd need at least a 40 gallon tank to as many flushes any manual or electric macerating toilet. Installing a PuraSan to go with it would be a bit problematic because the PuraSan is designed to receive a flush at a time, but it can be done by adding a y-valve to the pumpout line and the "hold 'n' treat" controls holdntreat controls as Chris suggested and definitely worth doing IMO.

The to all for responding.The Raritan toilet with smart control is the direction we're going with the addition of a 20 gal holding tank under galley floor.Our budget doesn't permit the Purasan. Now the shopping begins any suggestions??

Moderators, If the following breaks the rules, please remove it.

David, I'd love the chance to quote you on your Raritan.

Moderators, If the following breaks the rules, please remove it.

David, I'd love the chance to quote you on your Raritan.
Parks, great need contact info..DAVID

Sent you a PM with my direct email address.

Back
Top Bottom