Prop Size 1979 MS '34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgoshia

This weekend I was out cruising with some friends and ran aground I am need of a new prop for the boat now. I have no idea what size prop is on the boat. Most everything seems to be original hardware on the about. Does any one know the size and the pitch put on the 34s in 79. When I have the boat hauled next month I extremely limited on time, so I was going to pick up a new prop and have the old on re worked.

If you can dive under the boat(or hire a guy to) and remove it most have the size stamped on them.

I would love to do that but our water here is so brown you can't see anything. I think its a 22 x 24 x 1.5 I was just hoping somebody could confirm or correct those numbers.

Go to the yahoo Mainship site......your answer is there in the archives...I have a 21x21 with a 4 blade. 1.93 to 1 Trans 5.9 Cummins 250hp

The oem prop for that boat was a 20 x20 4 blade RH
If it has been repowered that's another story.
Oem shaft was 1 3/8 diameter.
And 103 inches long

This weekend I was out cruising with some friends and ran aground I am need of a new prop for the boat now. I have no idea what size prop is on the boat. Most everything seems to be original hardware on the about. Does any one know the size and the pitch put on the 34s in 79. When I have the boat hauled next month I extremely limited on time, so I was going to pick up a new prop and have the old on re worked.

My MS 34 has a 22"by 22" prop

MS34 Prop Size

My 1980 34 has been repowered but the original prop is a four-blade 20X20, 1 3/8 shaft.

Back
Top Bottom