Poll Re: Starting A Mainship Reference Material Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Would you be in favor of starting a Mainship reference Material Only Thread?

• I support the idea and would be willing to contribute to it

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I do not support the concept or not willing to contribute material

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bacchus

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Bacchus
Vessel Make
MS 34 HT Trawler
[/B]I attempted to start this in the Electrical, Electronic & Nav SubForum - interestingly I seemed to get support for the idea but no one willing to contribute material. As a result I have abandoned the idea elsewhere...
I wonder if there is interest /support in the Mainship Subforum for starting a thread reserved exclusively for posting useful "Mainship" reference material?.
My thought is that if we place reference material in one place it will be easier to find and access vs when it is buried within large discussions. If response to the poll is favorable I will start a "Reference Material" thread in this sub-forum similar to the one mentioned above. If not, I'll continue to keep my own listing of files / links of interest to me w/o posting it.

A few guidelines are suggested...
The thread posts are to be used exclusively for Reference Material - e.g. PDF files or links - relevant to this sub-forum (note moderators doubled the PDF file size to accommodate this approach)
Posts should be relative to Mainships vs generic to all trawlers
Avoid adding replies with comments or discussion only - if there is discussion regarding reference material do it within another thread or start a new topic discussion thread
Note: Adding a table of contents / organizing the posts is not possible but using posts titles and viewing in the Display Modes - Hybrid Mode makes scanning posts & topics easier.
If you would like to be notified when new material is added simply subscribe to the thread

Don

I think it is a great idea, count me in.

Ray

As a new Mainship owner I like the idea too. I would be happy to contribute the documentation I received with my boat.

-Don J
Mainship 390

Count me in also. I will be happy to contribute.

While I appreciate the positive responses to my post I must admit I am not optimistic given the level of interest. For comparison, when I posed the same idea in the Electrical, Electronic & Nav forum 31 of 33 responses were favorable yet only one other person contributed to the thread.

I am willing to give it one last try and will start the thread.
If there is further discussion about how it works I'd encourage users to ask it here and keep the new thread for reference material only.

It also helps if posters use the advanced reply option which allows you to add a title - which should describe the content being posted. It also helps if you view the thread in the Display Modes - Hybrid Display Mode... it will show essentially an outline of the contents... also if you reply to an item that is similar to what you want to post it will place the new item under the related one. For a visual of how this works view the Electrical, Electronis & Nav Ref Mat;l Only thread i the Hybrid Display Mode

Back
Top Bottom