Yes, the unit is stbd against the aft bulkhead and is only held in place by two screws though the fwd two aluminum straps running under the fiberglass tray of the sound shield. I have to lie on the cockpit deck with my upper body down over the generator and then awkwardly reach around the outboard (stbd) end of the generator in order to reach the rubber clip which hold the aft piece of the shield to the fwd stbd piece. However, removing this fwd stbd piece of shield does little good because there is still little to no access to anything except maybe the air filter, AND you still must move the whole generator around a bit to be able to get the large aft piece of the shield off to access the main drive belt. I doubt the exhaust hose will grant you enough leeway to accomplish this. I added a 45-degree fiberglass elbow and about a foot of exhaust hose to be able to have enough slack in the hose to accomplish this kind of activity. I also changed out the two hard hoses goin to the anti-siphon valve to longer softer silicone hose to make sliding the generator to port enough to be able to access the three hoses.
If you are removing the generator for ANY reason, I heartily recommend getting rid of the crappy plastic vent hose pieces and the even crappier Jabsco 12-volt fan. I have lost count of how many of these fans I have had to replace in this and my previous boat. It was never intended for this kind of service. There are some quality 12-volt fans, but you will pay a couple hundred dollars for them, and you are still stuck with having to run the battery charger to prevent draining the battery over time.
The 120-volt fan I used was bigger than the Jabsco and had to be held in place with some giant zip ties back up in the alcove created by the deck mold where the step is at the aft stbd side of the cabin.
Fitting the new duct hose was a bit of a challenge because the exhaust fitting on the stbd side of the hull is some goofy small side, well under three inches in diameter while the typical in-line fan of sufficient capacity has four-inch openings, and the fitting on the generator's exhaust ort on the sound shield is 3 inches in diameter.
The solution was to buy two 3-to-4 inch plastic duct adapters; fasten one end of each of the two 4-inch dryer duct hoses to them with hose clamps; use 5200 to glue one of these adapters to the inside of the hull over the short tube sticking in from the hull exterior fitting propping in place and allowing to dry for two days (LONG arms needed); remove the exhaust flange fitting from the generator's sound shield and stick the other adapter in there with some vinyl tape used to enlarge it a tiny bit to make a snug fitting. The free ends of these two hose sections were of course clamped to the fan before I backed my aching 69-year old body out off the generator shelf.
This was a week's worth of off and on work in the Florida summer heat and humidity, but I firmly believe the upgrade will result in a much more reliable and maintainable unit where I won't have to climb over the rails onto my brother's 42-foot Grand Banks in a remote anchorage in the middle of the night for an air-conditioned bed because my stupid fan burned up and filled my boat's cabin and engine room with smoke leaving me no AC.