MS 34T Fresh Water Tank Gauge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bacchus

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Bacchus
Vessel Make
MS 34 HT Trawler
At last fresh water fill our gauge did not register - any help appreciated.

Our boat is a 2008 MS 34HT (should be same as other late model yr 34T's) w/ dual tanks - port & stbd - under the single diesel fuel tank. Gauge is a WEMA analog dial and is lit (FW breaker on) but doesn't register. I'm guessing it's a sender unit problem but have no idea where or if the sender is visible or accessible given that they sit between stringers, behind bulkheads and under a full width fuel tank.
Are these floats - possibly stuck or other electronic sensor techn'y?
I only filled approx half full - next step may be to try a full tank to see if there is any reading.

If anyone has any experience or insights I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

On my 34T the tank-top fittings are just aft of the fuel tank. Removing the panel(s) that covers the aft end of the fuel tank might give you the access you need.

On mine I believe the sender is inboard on the starboard tank.

On my 34T the tank-top fittings are just aft of the fuel tank. Removing the panel(s) that covers the aft end of the fuel tank might give you the access you need.

On mine I believe the sender is inboard on the starboard tank.

Dave
Thanks I'll do some exploring.
After filling to half + and rocking I now get a reading but it seems somewhat eratic so still suspect the sender.

David...
You are correct... I can see the sender w a flashlight. ..stbd side tank behind / under the stbd side of the center removable panel
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom