Mainship Trawler 395

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pattiann27

We have been on a quest to find our forever boat and Mainships fit us to a “T”.:blush:
We have boarded a 2007 43’, 2003 43’ Aft Cabin, 2001 39’, 2005 40’, and a 2007 34’. We would LOVE to view a 395, but have only seen them for sale in Europe( mostly France/ Italy).
Any Owner’s in the New England/New York area or anywhere in the States, that would be willing to share their story of the 395 models?

Ready to make the commitment, but we want to be fully confident in our choice!

Pattiann27

The Mainship 395 as you probably know was the 34T with a different interior layout and a second cabin. Since they were introduced right near Mainship's end, I don't think you will find many for sale. And unless you absolutely have to have the second cabin of the 395, the 34T is the better boat IMO.

David

Thanks David,
34T is what we are leaning towards. I was aware that the 395 was a newer production model offered closer to “The End” of Mainship and shared the same hull. It certainly had all of the check marks on each of our wish lists.
The 34T will be easier to find, but it sure would be nice to see a 395 in person!
Thanks for your input, much appreciated!

There are 4 for sale in all of Yachtworld and they are all in France. I'm not sure how beneficial touring one would be if you can't find one to purchase. The production run on the 395 was very short (2010 -2012) I don't believe they made a lot of them, as compared to the 350/390.

Kudos to you for doing your homework and researching your potential picks in-person. That is how I do it so it *must* be the correct approach. :blush:

I believe there was one other noteworthy change from the 34T to the 395: On the 34T, engine-room access is through an external hatch. I *think* on the 395 that was replaced by a more-standard hatch-in-the-cabin approach. If that is correct I view it as a step backwards. I love the 34T arrangement. Quick and easy access to the ER without disrupting the cabin, dragging dirt into the cabin, and likely more effective sound proofing.

Abdolutely Agree w Dave (as usual)
ER access from aft deck is a great feature for many reasons.
The ER space / access with the single is by far the best I've seen in a boat this size.
If you can live comfortable with the single cabin the 34T / HT is a great choice.

I believe there was one other noteworthy change from the 34T to the 395: On the 34T, engine-room access is through an external hatch. I *think* on the 395 that was replaced by a more-standard hatch-in-the-cabin approach. If that is correct I view it as a step backwards. I love the 34T arrangement. Quick and easy access to the ER without disrupting the cabin, dragging dirt into the cabin, and likely more effective sound proofing.

Hi Danderer. My search has thus far been all remote and I have yet to see any of these models in person, at least on the inside. I too like the idea of the single point access design of the 34T, but I am not an 18 year old gymnast and it seems like that degree of flexibility may be required to reach the inner recesses of the engine room. Can you describe the access issues you've encountered?

Vince
I'll attach a few pics I have of the ER. Access is pretty generous - can't stand but I find hands & knees (w/ knee pads) it's pretty easy to get around.
I've had 3 of us (me + 2 buddies that are diesel / hydraulic mechanics) down there when we adjusted valves without feeling cramped.

1st Stbd side is primary access from the aft deck hatch - port side is similar and accessible by going around front of engine
2nd Aft / Stdb side of engine

There is a bulkhead behind engine separating the ER from the gen area

3rd Access to port side ( water htr, mufflers, ) behind gen - I have added a slat flat deck to allow storage & easy access over the drive tunnel.
Lighting is very good but best to change over to LED's as halogens were hi A draw.

Attachments

• Stbd Eng Rm Battys.jpg
    Stbd Eng Rm Battys.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 50
  • MS34HT15.jpg
    MS34HT15.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 54
  • MS34HT20.jpg
    MS34HT20.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 176
Back
Top Bottom