Mainship center window info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kpinnn

Vessel Name
Periwinkle
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36
Looking at a 34 ft mainship. I would like the center front window in the salon to open. I am told that there is a wondow replacement that will open available for that boat. Does anyone have any information regarding this?:blush: Also, I expect the salon to be very hot without a front window to open if traveling in the salon. Is that the case or do the side windows work well enough. Of course the bridge is open and where many would operate the boat from and maybe leaving the front tight a probably more water resistant could be the smartest way to go. Any thoughts:blush:

If you find a source let me know (does that give you an idea how well it cools with just the side windows). Honestly you'll likely enjoy piloting from above, the tilt out window would really be beneficial when at anchor. The boat tends to turn to wind on the hook and inevitably it seems to always face into the sun as well! The V-berth hatch opened helps some but having another window open toward the breeze would be nice.

Where is Thorndike?

Ocean Dynamic, in Miami, Florida. Google their website. The lead time was about six weeks and you have to ship your old window to them.

Back
Top Bottom