Mainship bridge clearances.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rzienka

I’m researching bridge clearances of the mainship 390/400. I’ve seen anywhere from 19’ to 11’.
Can any former and current mainship owners of 390/400 models tell me their actual bridge clearance and what they did or had done to achieve it.
My target is 11.25ft.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Ron.

Air draft on Mainship 400

My Mainship 400 is 14' to the windshield 16' 10" to top of the canvas. Traveled the Erie canal last year and had to drop the canvas.

Thanks for the info.
We love the 400. It seems to have captured all the improvements that former owners talked about with previous models.
We have one 11.25 ft bridge to get under to our house in Florida so that’s our limit.
I’ve seen a 390 model that claimed an 11’ clearance with his hinged mast. I was hoping the 400 was the same height if mast was hinged. Apparently not. Lol.
Thanks again.

The 390 and the 400 are really different boats. The 350 and 390 are identical (Aside from a few features and MINOR layout differences). The 400 is really a completely different boat.

On the 350/390, the specs show clearance as 18'8" to the top of the mast. I'd round to 20' if there is a radar on top of the mast. I've never measured from the top of the windshield to the top of the mast. It seems like less than 7+ feet though.

From the somewhat limited research I’ve done, I do see that there are big differences from the 400.
Bring limited to 11.25ft is tough. I saw a listing for a 390 with a hinged mast so I was optimistic about finding a mainship with a nice Flybridge that I could fit under.

The mast on the 400 is "hinged" at the step. It lays down quite easily. I can't ever remember the air draft on our 400, I have to do a rough measurement any trip we do with unfamiliar bridges. I guess I should print a label and stick it by the helm. Even with the mast down and no bimini though, I'm sure it is taller than 11'.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom