Mainship 43 silver metal logo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chas

Vessel Name
...and Everywhere
Vessel Make
Mainship 43
The 43's have a silver metal logo aft on the main structure. Our is missing a letter "P" , making it a Manshi. Plus the metal is corroded and not so attractive anymore.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement? or another solution?

Thanks,

Chas & Bev
Mainship 2005/ 43

Chas
Take a look at the sticky thread in the Marlow-Mainship section re parts info.
You will need to scan through thumbnails of parts to find what you are looking for but the part photos have source info and part #s that might prove helpful.

I would like to replace mine as well but I cant find what you said to browse to...whats a sticky thread...??

There are 2 stickies in the Malow-Mainship builders forum. The top 2 threads that will always remain at the top. Read thru the second one re MS Parts. The linked sites contain many many MS part photos. Findcdhat you are looking for and open the photo for more info.
There are also links to these from my Bacchus website but easiest is right from TF if you are already here.
I would like to replace mine as well but I cant find what you said to browse to...whats a sticky thread...??

I had the same problem. I took those stick em letters off, cleaned it with Goo Gone and purchased new boat lettering from BoatUS.

It looks better than original and is not expensive at all.

Yup, I have the same issue - the letters peeling off. Thanks for the tip.

Chas and Bev - good to hear from you. I hope you are traveling...

Jim

Jeffery,

Did you go to Boat US website to find these? Any chance of seeing a pic?

Thank much,

Chas

Greetings,
How about this:

iu

From the part info / link mentioned above here is the part & source info.
Craftt Originators are still around but you would have to contact them to see if they are available.
I think Jgutten's idea is a good one as an alternative.

Attachments

• 1003031.jpg
    1003031.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 76
Go to the Boat US website and go to their boat lettering site. It's really easy to do and you can make the lettering look the way you want it. I don't have a good picture because I have sold my boat, but here's what I've got when we were at Vero Beach.

Attachments

• IMG_20180604_183528.jpg
    IMG_20180604_183528.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 63
plastic lacker

Thanks for the photo.

Are the letters on a plastic background sheet? or individually placed?

Thx,

Chas

The lettering comes on a sheet which you place onto the boat, then peel it off. The BoatUS lettering website has a video on how to do it. It's very easy to do and it looks great. Even I can do it!

The 43's have a silver metal logo aft on the main structure. Our is missing a letter "P" , making it a Manshi. Plus the metal is corroded and not so attractive anymore.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement? or another solution?

Thanks,

Chas & Bev
Mainship 2005/ 43
When at dock, just tell everyone its a secret experimental design. Just listen to how quite those electric motors are. :lol:

Manshi sounds Japanese. People might buy it.

RT you’re such a scamp!

update

Thanks for all the ideas.
We checked out Craft Originators and they were purchased by Tasus, also in Canada. They no longer produce marine applications.
As usual with Canadians they checked for us and suggested we try Burlington Graphics, Racine, Wisconsin 262-554-8808.

We did not call but will try the BoatUS solution. Be interested if anyone follows up with them.

Thx,

Chas

Hey Jim,
Nice to hear from you. Hope your cruising. We are selling the boat in Fefruary. Bev is done with long cruises. On to another adventure.

Be well

Back
Top Bottom