Mainship 400 rigging tube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
Hey All,

The rigging tube (wiring conduit) that runs from the main cabin/ER to the Fly Bridge on my 400 is really packed with wire, so much so that it is difficult to get anything through it. The end of the tub in the engine room is also very awkwardly placed making access even tougher. I had a devil of a time getting a transducer cable through it a few months back. This is the tube that starts in the lazarette under the lower helm and terminates under the FB bench on the starboard side.

I don't have an immediate need to run another wire up there yet, but I expect that I will in the future. Any other 400 owners come up with a better way to run wire to the flybridge?

There are a lot of unused switches and their accompanying wire on my Mainship. I think Mainship had a base wiring harness that they put into every boat, which is not the worst thing, I guess, but I hate having no space to work and all that extra wire makes tracing things more difficult. I'm considering pulling some of it, but that is a pretty big job.

I've got two messenger strings run through it now, and that helps, but still...

Back
Top Bottom