Old 05-06-2019, 12:10 PM   #21
Guru

City: st pete
Vessel Model: 400 Mainship
Quote:
Originally Posted by trawlerdeejay View Post
I keep my 2006 34' Mainship trawler on a 4 piling, 4 motor lift. Has worked well for some time. Mainship sits on its keel on a center steel lift beam and has supports bow and stern to keep boat from tipping over. There are 4 10' PVC guide posts that brush against the boat as it comes onto the lift to keep the boat properly aligned on the lift.Recently noted 2 pilings leaning. Have lift people and pile driver coming on 4/6/19 to replace these 4 pilings with 13"-14" Class B commercial grade pilings. Also replacing lift mechanisms with e-drives.

A 30,000lb (and over) lift requires an entirely different set up. It uses an 8 piling configuration (2 pilings at each of the 4 corners) and a lift mechanism that runs the cable up and down a premolded groved track running between each set of 2 pilings. Works great. Even comes with a remote.
Thanks much Deejay,

Whose lift do you have? And what's an E drive? And what does your boat weigh?

I did find a 33,000 lb lift that has 4 poles, 2 motors that I'm seriously considering.

Thx,

Old 05-06-2019, 12:34 PM   #22

City: Oriental N.C.
Vessel Name: true heading
Vessel Model: marine trader 38 dc
an edrive is a self contained ram with a enclosed ball screw

timb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:13 PM   #23

City: Pasadena, MD
Vessel Name: Hail Mary
Vessel Model: 2012 Ranger Tug
Mainship on a lift

Old lift is a Magnum boat lift. New lift being manufactured by "Up and Out Boat Lifts" of Pasadena, MD

Boat Lifts in Pasadena, MD. E drive is gear driven as opposed to belt.
I cannot imagine a lift like you are describing with only 4 piles and only 2 motors. It must be a different kind of lift than mine. I will be running 4 commercial pilings, 4 motors, and 3/8" cable.

I did find a 33,000 lb lift that has 4 poles, 2 motors that I'm seriously consid
trawlerdeejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:35 PM   #24

Mainship on a lift

Quote:
Old lift is a Magnum boat lift. New lift being manufactured by "Up and Out Boat Lifts" of Pasadena, MD

Boat Lifts in Pasadena, MD. E drive is gear driven as opposed to belt.
I cannot imagine a lift like you are describing with only 4 piles and only 2 motors. It must be a different kind of lift than mine. I will be running 4 commercial pilings, 4 motors, and 3/8" cable.

I did find a 33,000 lb lift that has 4 poles, 2 motors that I'm seriously consid
Here is photo of my lift. Beam closest in photo is stern beam. Note the 2 raised pads that keep Mainship from tipping over. The other beam is for the bow of theMainship. Look carefully and you will se the "V" setup that keeps front of Mainship from tipping over. The I-beam in the center of the photo is the beam that keel sits on. The 2 other padded beams on both sides of this center beam were part of an earlier lift for a smaller boat. Their purpose now is only to keep all the beams from shifting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0162.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	88545  
Old 05-15-2019, 01:09 PM   #25
Guru

City: st pete
Vessel Model: 400 Mainship
Quote:
Here is photo of my lift. Beam closest in photo is stern beam. Note the 2 raised pads that keep Mainship from tipping over. The other beam is for the bow of theMainship. Look carefully and you will se the "V" setup that keeps front of Mainship from tipping over. The I-beam in the center of the photo is the beam that keel sits on. The 2 other padded beams on both sides of this center beam were part of an earlier lift for a smaller boat. Their purpose now is only to keep all the beams from shifting.
Trawlerdeejay,

What Mainship do you have on this lift? And how was the angle and spacing of the side supports determined?
Old 05-15-2019, 01:36 PM   #26

Boats on lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seevee View Post
Trawlerdeejay,

What Mainship do you have on this lift? And how was the angle and spacing of the side supports determined?
34 trawler 2006. Trial and error. Lift firm took it up partially , checked, let it down, and I moved boat off for adjusting.. Took several such adjustments to get it right.