Mainship 400 Deck Lights replament with LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jefndeb

Guru
Vessel Name
Indigo Star
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 400
I am fairly certain that somebody has replaced the deck light assemblies with a newer LED style light...Just looking for suggestions for best fit..

Thanks.
Jeff
2006 Mainship 400

Jeff,

I put two on the spreader bar on the flybridge and they work great. Easy install and very bright. Use them for grilling at night and fog running.

Looking for two more for the front of the fly bridge for docking in the dark.

Got them from Amazon, but can't remember which... will try to get the number. Search "spreader lights for boat".

YITAMOTOR LED Light Bar 2PCS 18W 6 Inch Flood LED Work Light Pods

Jiawill Dual Color Marine LED Spreader Flood Deck Light for Boat White Housing

WFPOWER Boat Light 2 Pack, LED Marine Spotlights Waterproof, Deck Dock Flood Light (BELIEVE THESE ARE THE ONES I HAVE)

However, looking at more power for the front, like these, and have spot and flood:

AMBOTHER LED Light Bar 7 Inch 240W 24,000lm Off Road Lights Pods Spot Flood Combo

Lots of choices. Now, this issue I'll face is having a switch on the upper and lower helm..... grrrr.

Attachments

• spreader-LightA.jpg
    spreader-LightA.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 40
  • spreader-LightB.jpg
    spreader-LightB.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 40
I guess I should not have said deck lights, I meant the florescent light fixtures, my cabin switch says "Deck Lights" there is one for the rear lower deck , just above your head as you exit the main door and one on each walkway port and starboard gunnel area....they work but are really not waterproof at all and eventually will fail I am sure....

I guess I should not have said deck lights, I meant the florescent light fixtures, my cabin switch says "Deck Lights" there is one for the rear lower deck , just above your head as you exit the main door and one on each walkway port and starboard gunnel area....they work but are really not waterproof at all and eventually will fail I am sure....

Jeff,

I'm currently looking for that same solution. I believe any LED light in the 10 to 30 watt range would work, wire direct to the power supply.

Just looking for one that would fit.

I looked at the "tape" lights but concerned about their safety. Will find something eventually and let you know. Then could replace all of them, inside and out.

These are more than likely halogen, not fluorescent. Are you referring to the courtesy lights down by your feet?

The light above your head should be a simple Dome light. I bought an LED light and just replaced it. The one I bought has an external switch that allows me to toggle between white and red light.

I also replaced all of the courtesy lights in the interior and exterior with LED.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8NUTTH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom