Mainship 40 and 43

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moneyplays

I have been looking at the Mainship 40 and 43 for future purchase.* I was wondering if any of you current owners out there had any experience with them.** If so, what feedback do you have regarding them?* Any suggestions for options, outfitting....???

Thanks for the feedback.* I have had some people reply and no one has had anything bad to say about them.* Have you had any complaints in general?* Leaking windows, systmem problems, fit and finish, etc?

She is a beauty from what I can see from the picture.* Yes it's always good to keep the admiral happy
smile.gif
* Thanks again for the feedback.*

I love the Nordhavn 46 but may have to work my way up to it.* I have a Mainship dealer near Chicago I plan on stopping in on during my next visit to the area.* I'm still 4 years away from retirement but we are making plans to leave the "frozen tundra" behind when we get free.*

I just bought a mainship 40 ( 2005) model & have it shipped to Singapore ( South East Asia) - The first in Asia & found it to be very good. Some tips, have those D batteries moved to the forward section near those bow thrusters for better weight distribution & use those smaller batteries to be placed on the starboard aft so that it balances out. This model has the seats only on the port side & the kitchen on the starboad side. So with many people, it will list to port. After having done this, you will find that it will perform better

Looking at a mainship 43.sea trial and survey 3 weeks out,owner takes great care of the boat,however last weekend floor on the bridge sunk down upon preliminary inspection a board broke in salon ceiling near breakfast nook support,he has insurance and surveyor coming Wednesday,anyone heard of such a thing.looking for blueprints for the boat but can't find them,any ideas,,anyone ever had the ceiling panels down?

Ouch. Is this the aft cabin, 2 or 3 stateroom? The 430, 2 stateroom is a design we are liking at this point.

I don't have information, but would appreciate it if you would post the cause and cure when known.

we purchased our '07 430 2 stateroom last December and enjoy it very much. All equipment is of very good quality and brand name. 680 hour cummins 8.3, great engine more HP than needed but it can be rebuilt in place and super reliable if taken care of. Easy access to all engine room components and ship systems under the cabin floors. Galley layout nice and plenty of refer/freezer storage. Flybridge summer kitchen electric grill will be change to propane this winter.
Have begun replacing hoses and replaced other items just due to age and future protection.
Runs very nice at 1800 RPM 10 mph burning 10 gals/hr total. If you want to get up and go it will take about 50 gals/hr at 26 mph. Added a bow thruster which helps in tight docking situations. Deck hardware is beefy and 4 cleats per-side which makes tying up easy for different situations. Would like to another anchor rollers but with the right anchor it works fine.
Handles very nice at trawler speed and up on plane, very good control. Not so good at trawler speed with a following sea, need to go faster to stay ahead of seas.
Interior spaces nicely finished and easy to maintain, no exterior wood to worry about. Great flybridge space and access. No window, deck leaks. Only down side is at anchor or dock with a slight chop, the waves slap the lifting strike at the bow.
We have taken it from Texas to our winter home in FL and plan on doing the Great Loop this coming spring.

Thanks Sanderling, we are setting aside cash and climbing the big boat learning curve. Both of us are agreed on a two stateroom MS 430. We will get there soon enough, God willing and the creek don't rise. :)

Back
Top Bottom