Mainship 390 transom hatch.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pluto

Vessel Name
Hot Shot
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
I lost one of my transom rope locker hatches overboard this weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could find a replacement? Thanks in advance.

That's a tough one, contacting Marlow/Mainship may be a good option as I hear they have good support. I've always been amazed by placing item wanted ads on Craigslist. I've asked for some pretty specific items before and had folks call me with them within a few weeks of running the ad.

Try taking the remaining hatch cover to a shop that does fiberglass repair/fabrication and have them make a mold and new hatch off that one.

Ronlord, i was thinking the same thing but when i checked, the starboard and port hatches are not the same. I need the port. Just sick about it.

How about fabricating one yourself out of plywood, then just finish it with fiberglass or just paint it?

Tried querying the Mainship owners groups? (yahoo, I think...)

-Chris

Thanks all for your suggestions. I could not find one. When i called Marlow Mainship they told me the only thing they bought was 4 molds. I ended up dealing with local custom fiberglass fabricator who made a template tonight and will duplicate it.
$550. Ouch.

Back
Top Bottom