Mainship 350 Mast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mainshiptom

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Naphy III
Vessel Make
Mainship 350/390
I own a Mainship 350/390 and managed some Dutch and Belgium canals with the height of over 4.5 meter, My Bimini is easy to fold down in minutes but there is a small aluminium mast on the flybridge that I would like to lower or fold down.

Is there a simple link or base that folds or maybe a hinge? its made of aluminium and not heavy, if anyone got experience or ideas please share.

We plan to cruise to Germany and a lower boat would extend the canals and rivers we could get into, in Gent and Brugge (Belguim) twice I scratched the bottom of bridges no damage done but would be nice to lower or even remove mast, currently mast only hold anchor light

I own a Mainship 350/390

Only Mainship 350 owners seem to use the 350/390 designation. Not a single 390 owner refers to the vessels as such.

If you own a 350, then show your pride and call it what it is. There's no need to "'church' it up".

We had ours hinged. Local marina removed the mast, cut it, installed a lip on the top half and hinged the back with a clasp on the front. Very easy for one person to raise and lower.

Attachments

• IMG_3512.jpg
    IMG_3512.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3513.jpg
    IMG_3513.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 39
SS hinges are made for masts, off the shelf item, no special fabrication

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom