Looking for wireless depth finder for 34T

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jann

I have a Mainship 34T with flybridge.

My Raymarine system depth finder is not dependable and I want to put in another system just dedicated to depth.

I can't run wires from the flybridge down to the area where the depth sensor would be without a major overhull.

Does anyone know of a small wireless system that uses a wireless In-hull ( not thru hall) sensor ?

Raymarine sounders are usually pretty good (except for the original 750s there for awhile)...wouldn't be easier to fix the Ray than install another??? Not that a backup isn't good...is the Ray tech too old to waste your time.????..even old ones tell depth pretty well..

Raymarine sounders are usually pretty good (except for the original 750s there for awhile)...wouldn't be easier to fix the Ray than install another??? Not that a backup isn't good...is the Ray tech too old to waste your time.????..even old ones tell depth pretty well..

Agree, probably better and cheaper to fix, or perhaps replace part of existing. Might just be a connector. However, also agree that two sounders are an important redundancy IMO.

Is their current transducer a shoot through or is a through hull mount with a fairing block? Is the existing sounder wired up to the FB? Might be able to help more if we knew exactly what all your current electronics were.

Never heard of wireless sounder, but some of the new MFD's (expensive too) have an app to repeat the display on a tablet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom