How Do I Remove the Helm Seat Cushions on MS Pilot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sammy999

Just bought a 2007 MS 34' Pilot and would like to remove the Helm Seat Cushions to get them cleaned. What is the trick to removing these? When you slide them forward and back I can see the end screws but it looks like there are screws/bolts in the middle. Thanks for your help!!

You probably have to remove the seat with the tracks. There are holes in the lower track to remove the seat bolts

Just went through this on my 07 Pilot, and it's not a fun task. On mine the seats are screwed to the rails, then the rails through bolted to the platforms. The through bolts required removing the foot well on the settee, and the radio on the helm side, and the cover panel and cabinet on the port side ( I have A/C installed under that seat.). Once the seat and rails are removed from the platforms, the seat bottom can be removed. Definitely a 2 person job. Tried to slide the rail tops off the bottom, but the roll pins wouldn't budge.

Thanks for the info! Going to have them cleaned in place. Will have to deal with this someday when it's time to re-upholster

I also have a 2007 pilot
I have pulled the clevis pins and the seats slide off. My rails and pins seem to have been greased by the previous owner, but some wd40 should help if they are difficult to remove.

I removed my seats for reupholstering by tapping out the roll pins on the slides. On the lower slides are two small nylon squares that are used to protect the aluminum slides from wearing. Anyone know where I can get my hands on replacements. My seats rock back and forth slightly and the new nylon pads would solve the issue.

Jamie

2002 Pilot 34

Not sure what the nylon squares look like, but I have found McMaster Carr to be a great resource for that type of stuff. Www.mcmaster.com

They are an industrial supply with outstanding pricing and service.

ReciprocatingSaws-B.jpg

[Kidding....]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom