How about to extend the length of my 400T

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrew, a folding prop was the first that crossed my mind. I had deep discussions with the skillfully prop maker Flexifold in Denmark. But when he realized that the foldig would be placed in the streaming water after the big prop(stopped or slowley turning) he took all his calculations back and told me "it will not work".
Then a folding would has proplem to go out in reverse and it could jeopardize to get a heavy boat to stop.
No one could tell the pitch to this application.
The Autostream feathering prop is bigger 18", compaired to Flexifold 17" and Volvo Penta proposals 16".
An other advantages is adjusting the pitch in the water guite easy from the swimladder.
After sea trail I'm pleased how this prop works in forward, stop and in reverse. The drag is not more than a folding may be less according to Autostream.

You say you got rid of trim tabs. Is this hull extension straight following the hull or is it hooked at an small angle?
So your prop is now more forward in relation to the stern. If this works well, why don't the boat makers move the props further to the front?

So is it the added length that eliminates the need for trim tabs or is it the position of the main prop?

Hej du, mycket vacker och krävande projekt!

how that affects the extension when the wave comes from behind directions, if you can notice the difference?

that s-drive is certainly a good investment channels where speeds are limited, oneself also dream of the channels a few years from now, when the time. The past few years have enjoyed holidays throughout the Stockholm archipelago, sometimes it would be nice to visit and explore on your south coast, at the latest, when I go to the channels.

Skål!

how that affects the extension when the wave comes from behind directions, if you can notice the difference?

that s-drive is certainly a good investment channels where speeds are limited, oneself also dream of the channels a few years from now, when the time. The past few years have enjoyed holidays throughout the Stockholm archipelago, sometimes it would be nice to visit and explore on your south coast, at the latest, when I go to the channels.

Skål!

Hi, how is your fuel prices?
In Virginia where I live, I can go online and tell them how much I spent on fuel, gas-diesel, and they will refund my by check the taxes the state government took since the fuel tax is for road vehicles.

Does your government do the same?

Hi, how is your fuel prices?
In Virginia where I live, I can go online and tell them how much I spent on fuel, gas-diesel, and they will refund my by check the taxes the state government took since the fuel tax is for road vehicles.

Does your government do the same?

We have fuel is expensive, in cars and in pleasure boats, the fuel of about 70% of the price is tax :eek:. you will have a wonderful Tax Department, I could fall in love with it:smitten:

Last seasons diesel prise about 1,4€/litres, 6$ /US gallon

I'm thinking about when we are talking about, so much to fuel the cleaning of different devices. we sold maybe a better quality fuel, I have never heard anyone got any mud that clogs the filters. In fact, I never refuel FAME-based diesel fuel for your boat, I want to avoid biological growth in the tank, we have 15% of renewable material in the fuel and its name is nxbte and it is 0% FAME. In addition cetane number is here min 52, i think US have 45 min cetane number?

You can look at the difference between a simple burn this video

https://youtu.be/15GYKx10oHI

Last edited:
We have fuel is expensive, in cars and in pleasure boats, the fuel of about 70% of the price is tax :eek:. you will have a wonderful Tax Department, I could fall in love with it:smitten:

Last seasons diesel prise about 1,4€/litres, 6$ /US gallon

Here you go, maybe you can lobby your government. I get 100% of the state tax back.
I was not aware of the program for years, till oneday filling up at marina, guy gives me a form.
Now they have made this as easy as I fill out online form, they send me a check.
https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/commercial/#taxact/fuel_tax.asp

How many other states do this?

And many regional counties-cities here do not make us pay a personal property tax on boats, no tax, so zero for Hampton City, Poquoson city, Gloucester County. But Hampton may do a fee. Hampton had nothing, then they start fee, so then they refund me my fee, so who knows what they are doing. I moved my boat to York county, which does have a tax, but many other benefits to me, like 50% less drive time, no heavy drive traffic, slip fee $30 less per month, free 30 amp electric and city water. And the fee for me last time I was in York county was $300 a year. And I missed the january report time for assessing the tax-fee , since moved boat in February, so no fee for me this year in York county. Yes, very happy with my choice.

I could always haul at end of december in Poquoson City, stay away from York till February 1 to avoid paying the York county tax. But those are cold months to haul out and work on a boat.

Last edited:
boan400, Baltic Sea,
Don't get too jealous of our minimal tax on fuel. The tax man just gets our money taxing something else.

You probably do have higher overall tax but you probably get good roads and health care that we do'nt. Every country decides what's most important.

I always thought someday someone else would tell about their modifications to anchors. Looks like we're it though. I'm about 25% Swede ...
Is anchoreboy the same as anchor buddy (Oz) and/or kellet?

Last edited:
NB sea,
Don't get too jealous of our minimal tax on fuel. The tax man just gets our money taxing something else.

You probably do have higher overall tax but you probably get good roads and health care that we do'nt. Every country decides what's most important.

:thumb: Eric, you are quite right, I do not really jealous. our social system is completely different eg. school, health care, pension contributions, etc. to win some lose some, and eg. the school is "free" for children 1-9 class + + high school or university etc. only the book itself will have to buy in high school, and from there onwards, but the lesson is free.

You say you got rid of trim tabs. Is this hull extension straight following the hull or is it hooked at an small angle?
So your prop is now more forward in relation to the stern. If this works well, why don't the boat makers move the props further to the front?

So is it the added length that eliminates the need for trim tabs or is it the position of the main prop?

Sdowney 717
Yes I have removed the trimtabs. The longer hull makes that the bow lifts very little at topspeed, like 14 kts, despite the hulls bottom curve is going up(less drag) about an inch at the stern, in order to gain more deplacement speed with the small engine. If the curve of the bottom would has been opposite, going down, the bow shouldn't lift at all.

Normaly its not a good idea to move the pivot center ( prop & rudder) forward. Because in following sea the waves will move the stern more sideways.
With my concept an additional pivot center is placed in the very end of the boat and it will more o less compansate that disadvantage.

Skål!

North Baltic Sea
Skål o tack för ditt omnämnande!
About your question see mail to Sdowney 717. I'm pleased about the behavior of the boat so far. Soon I'm leaving for a long trip and it will give me more experiance.

Isn't that what Nordic Tug did to change from the NT32 to the NT34 ?? I don't think they moved the running great despite lengthening the hull.

Isn't that what Nordic Tug did to change from the NT32 to the NT34 ?? I don't think they moved the running great despite lengthening the hull.

Severall boat has been done that way, as we all knew MT 350/390 was built like that. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I heard from a salesman that even Fleming did something like that with one of their models.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom