Garmin GPSmap 4212 No Depth reading

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kurt.reynolds

Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
1982 Grand Banks Motoryacht
Stupid question, I have a 1982 Grand Banks 42 Motoryacht, Garmin 4212 on Flying Bridge. We took our boat for our first cruise of summer yesterday and depth on the Garmin was ---.-ft. No depth reading.

I am assuming it has its own transducer? Looking for tips on troubleshooting, I am headed down to the boat today to crawl the bilge and look for the transducer.

In the future, what is a good option for installing a "backup" depth reading on the flying bridge.

Thanks!
Kurt

If you look under the system it should tell you what is connected to the plotter. Yes, there should be a transducer.

Kurt, you would get a better response to your question in the
electronics section of the forum but to answer to your question your 4212 uses a remote black box fishfinder for depth...probably a GSD22. Make sure the GSD is powered up by looking for small light on the box itself. Also ,on the 4212 display, go to Home> Configuration> communications > network and check to see that the 4212 sees the GSD on the network.
Beautiful boat BTW. We've been keeping an eye on it on Chuck Grices website and even stopped by Atlantic Yacht Basin to look at it about a month ago but it was Sunday early afternoon & no brokers were in yet. Probably just as well because I know my wife would've fallen in love with it & we're not quite ready to upsize yet.

Kurt, you would get a better response to your question in the
electronics section of the forum but to answer to your question your 4212 uses a remote black box fishfinder for depth...probably a GSD22. Make sure the GSD is powered up by looking for small light on the box itself. Also ,on the 4212 display, go to Home> Configuration> communications > network and check to see that the 4212 sees the GSD on the network.
Beautiful boat BTW. We've been keeping an eye on it on Chuck Grices website and even stopped by Atlantic Yacht Basin to look at it about a month ago but it was Sunday early afternoon & no brokers were in yet. Probably just as well because I know my wife would've fallen in love with it & we're not quite ready to upsize yet.

Thanks for the response. We have pulled our listing to sell and going to use it for another summer. We are in Portsmouth, you are welcome any time to come look and chat. Have a great day!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom