Old 11-04-2015, 12:22 PM   #1

City: Jarrettsville, MD.
Vessel Model: Mainship Pilot 30' Rumrunner
Galvanic isolator alarm

2006 Main ship Pilot 30'
I had my boat pulled this past weekend after winterizing motor, Gen set, plumbing, HWH, AC and shower sumps.
When I went to hook up electric I am getting a ground alarm on the ProMariner prosafe Galvanic monitor.
I check my extension cord, GFI hook up at marina and plug at boat. Are were ok.
I don't have the manual for this device on the boat. Went on line with Promariner and need to research some model numbers.
My question is anyone with a 30 or 34' pilot had an issue with your galvanic monitor??
Thanks Jeff.
jskinner30PII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:00 PM   #2

City: Freeport, N.Y.
Vessel Name: Guns 'N' Hoses II
Vessel Model: 2004 34' Pilothouse Sedan
I have had this happen on 2 different occasions, once in the yard while I was on the hard and once in a marina from 2 different pedestals. I think it means the power soul is not properly grounded. In the marina I just found a pedestal that did not cause any issues with my isolator. I know this is not an issue with my boat because in all the places I have been it has only occurred these 2 times. I would be surprised if the issue was with me.
kwmeyer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:38 PM   #3
Guru

City: Duvall, Wa. USA
Vessel Name: Beach Music II
Vessel Model: 2003 Mainship 430 Trawler
I agree with KW. This has only happened once to me, in Ganges. I just found a different socket to plug into.
porman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:08 AM   #4

City: Jarrettsville, MD.
Vessel Model: Mainship Pilot 30' Rumrunner
Thanks guys.
I'll try a couple different receptacles and see if that is the case. Promariner sent me a trouble shooting test for the isolator. The mechanic at the marina I spoke with stated if it was working in the water and it is not now it maybe the marina receptacle. Even though the test I did on the receptacle shows correct ground? Bad news is if the monitor did go up they no longer make that device.
I hoping it's just the marina receptacle or the distance, 100' for my ext. cord?
Thanks Jeff.
jskinner30PII is offline   Reply With Quote