Fuzzy Walls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tony B

Guru
Vessel Name
Serenity
Vessel Make
Mainship 36 Dual Cabin -1986
I have a 1986 Mainship. The interior walls in the Aft Cabin has this fizzy stuff on the walls. It looks like a fine knap carpet like they used to use in lining car trunks.
What is the best way to clean this?
Will Bleach hurt it any?

Thanks in advance

I have a 1986 Mainship. The interior walls in the Aft Cabin has this fizzy stuff on the walls. It looks like a fine knap carpet like they used to use in lining car trunks.
What is the best way to clean this?
Will Bleach hurt it any?

Thanks in advance

The smaller Bayliners have the same stuff.

We used a diluted bleach in a spray bottle to get mold and stains off. Works great.

BTW the stuff is called "monkey fur" :blush:

We also call it monkey fur here.I hate the stuff.It makes some boats look cheap.I usually replace it with padded vinyl or real carpet.

Greetings,
Never had "fuzzy stuff" ON A BOAT!!!!! but if you're willing to make the investment maybe one of these will do the job. You could even use a unit such as this on other soft goods asea or ashore. I'd be hesitant to use bleach, even diluted stuff, on any porous fabric. Bleach or Tilex (brand name) is GREAT for vinyls, or sealed wood surfaces etc.

Amazon.com: BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Deep Cleaner, 14259: Home & Kitchen

Thanks for the tip Firefly. Looks like a very useful little machine. Just added it to the christmas list.

Greetings,
Never had "fuzzy stuff" ON A BOAT!!!!! but if you're willing to make the investment maybe one of these will do the job. You could even use a unit such as this on other soft goods asea or ashore. I'd be hesitant to use bleach, even diluted stuff, on any porous fabric. Bleach or Tilex (brand name) is GREAT for vinyls, or sealed wood surfaces etc.

Amazon.com: BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Deep Cleaner, 14259: Home & Kitchen

Wouldn't that cause the contact adhesive to let loose?

Back
Top Bottom