Forward washdown hose on 390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skipper724

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
schatzi
Vessel Make
mainship 390
I know that all 390s have a few different ways things were installed. Probably depended on what day it was done. Anyway...…….. My washdown hose will only pull out about 24 inches. Has to be kinked somewhere behind. I've removed the mirror behind the master berth and can not find it. Do I have to cut an inspection hole? The rear was a pain, but was fixable by crawling underneath.
Has anyone replaced it?

Peter
Schatzi

2000 390 twin

mine comes out at least 4'
John

I know that all 390s have a few different ways things were installed. Probably depended on what day it was done. Anyway...…….. My washdown hose will only pull out about 24 inches. Has to be kinked somewhere behind. I've removed the mirror behind the master berth and can not find it. Do I have to cut an inspection hole? The rear was a pain, but was fixable by crawling underneath.
Has anyone replaced it?

Peter
Schatzi

2000 390 twin
would also love to know how to replace forward hose.

Forward wash down hose on 390

I had the same issue on my 2000 390. I removed the state room headboard mirror, but still could not gain access to that hose to replace it. I think these were installed at the factory while installing the top deck.

Mine just pulled out 20", so assuming somewhere it was kinked or bound, but the water flow was strong.

Simple solution: All I did was install another 2' extension hose to the existing hose, and then it pulled out to 48". It apparently has plenty of room to stow the extra hose extension, just need to push it in slowly.

Now I can use it to shower with, as well as a muddy anchor wash down.

forward washdown

Has anyone replaced it?

Peter
Schatzi

2000 390 twin

You can get to the pipe just behind galley sink. I have not done yet but on my list to do, i have a schematic of the water system and showes it behind the galley sink.

You can get to the pipe just behind galley sink. I have not done yet but on my list to do, i have a schematic of the water system and showes it behind the galley sink.
Sorry dude don't think so, I have replaced the galley sink and faucet nothing going to the forward Wash down On my Schematic it comes off the cold water going to the hot water tank and then somewhere behind the Samson post has a connection to the retractable hose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom