Factory Wire Labels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwmeyer13

Vessel Name
Guns 'N' Hoses II
Vessel Make
2004 34' Pilothouse Sedan
I am moving the location of my windshield wiper switches on my 2004 P-34 Hardtop to the top of the dash. One set of wires (blue w/ black stripe) is marked windshield wiper pax. Does anyone have any idea what they are for? The other set, orange with red and orange with green striping, are marked windshield wiper. Not have schematics is such a pain in the keister.

With the information posted I would put $20 on it being for a second windshield whipper motor.

PAX is passenger, so I guess secondary windshield wiper motor?

There are the 2 orange striped wires, one say port windshield wiper and the other says starboard windshield wiper. At work right now so I can't take any pictures. Do know that wires for options are run even if the options are not on the boat. I was wondering if it could be for a washer pump option I don't have.

The wipers I installed on a previous boat used a 2 or 3 wire system.
If you used only 2 wires, positive and negative, when they were switched off
they stopped where they were when the power quit.
If you used the 3rd wire they would finish the sweep and "park" at the end of it.

Possibility?? I don't know.

Ted

I will check it when I get home. Thanks

Came home today and took another look in better light and the lettering reads PAK not PAX. When I hooked the blue striped wire that says PAK to a new switch and the orange is disconnected the wiper moves but stops in place when you shut it off. With the orange stripe hooked up and blue disconnected on the new switch the wiper operated normally and cycles to the side when turned off. I am completely stumped.

Each wiper motor needs three leads, a ground, a switched + (to turn it on), and an unswitched + (to park it)

Aside: Make sure the "park" lead is fused even tho it is not switched.

Back
Top Bottom