Vessel Model: Grand Banks. Heritage. 54
Or teak, I hope.
Bigsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:24 PM   #262
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
There's another one to go with that one, Mark! The one with the wave cascading over her left shoulder. I think it's a 3-shot series. It's a classic!

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:33 PM   #263
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
There's another one to go with that one, Mark! The one with the wave cascading over her left shoulder. I think it's a 3-shot series. It's a classic!
Not that I can recall or find.

Conditions are usually more hospitable at the stern.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:30 PM   #264
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Hey Mark... I really like your boat and know you love it!

However, the last photo in post # 263 is one big reason I really enjoy piloting from the unobstructed 360 degree view on our flying bridge.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:53 AM   #265
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: Circuit Breaker
Vessel Model: 2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Hey Mark... I really like your boat and know you love it!
So do I...it's one of the saltiest looking TF trawlers on the Web!
Attached Thumbnails
Coot.jpg  
Old 04-19-2017, 08:47 AM   #266
Guru

City: Miami River
Vessel Name: Gotcha
It is salty looking especially with the sail up.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:15 AM   #267
Guru

City: Seaford Va on Poquoson River, VA
Vessel Name: Old Glory
Vessel Model: 1970 Egg Harbor 37 extended salon model
Quote:
I'm lucky in that the two huge, gas-spring assisted easy lift hatch sides [whose leading edges meet together in center of salon sole] are each piano hinged on their outer edges. Although I've not tape measured the opening by length and width... my guestimate is the opening provided by both hatches [with no center beam] amounts to around 6' x 5'. Berber carpet lays uncut over recessed piano hinges and under trim that borders hatch edges. When closed the hinges are non apparent and the hatches other three edges are bordered with carpet trim.

When both are pulled open [and then standing upright] they provide grand expanse over the engines as well as fairly ez access to most other equipment; e.g. batt bank toward aft, two 100 gal tanks to either side and gen set toward bow.

Slotted teak wood walk-way between engines with stand-up room galore.

It is a bit of a stretch to get directly over top of the tranys and can also be same for topping off the rear most wet cells on batts.

There is also room in multiple areas of the engine compartment for relatively ez access to items such as pressure water pump, water heater, trim tab hydraulic pump and its reservoir, batt charger. etc

I've had a few marine professionals get into out Tolly's engine compartment for various reasons. Each mentioned the expansive room and great layout.

MOF... when Linda and I were first aboard this boat [and in a short time of looking we realized this was/is the boat for us] I was standing on the engine compartment's teak walk-way when we winked at one another.

The big, stand-up engine compartment is one of many reasons we own this 1977, 34' Tollycraft tri cabin.
I have full access on both engines. With center walkway. My gen is under the rear aft deck. !970 Egg Harbor 37.
All hatches you lift out of the way completely if desired. Carpet goes over the edges of hatch openings and all hatches.

In this pic, I am getting ready to haul engine out of bilge to rebuild in the cabin.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1041.jpg  
sdowney717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:01 AM   #268
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codger2 View Post
Saltiest looking and used in the most benign conditions. There's just something about it though that makes it so personally Mark all the way. He's so in his zone with his type boat, his type boating and very happy with it. Actually, a good lesson for all of us to find the boat that is perfect for ourselves and the style boating that is. Then for Mark, if it's a long distance cruise, he likes go to with hundreds of friends and a crew of hundreds on a cruise ship and do so in the lap of luxury.

You see the meals on his boat, you see Perla relaxed. Now, that should be the goal for each boater, not to copy his boat, but to find the boat that brings you the enjoyment he gets from his.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:00 PM   #269
Master and Commander

Quote:
Hey Mark...
However, the last photo in post # 263 is one big reason I really enjoy piloting from the unobstructed 360 degree view on our flying bridge.
That view is looking through the saloon The pilothouse has windows looking sternward, overlooking the saloon's roof.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:11 PM   #270
Guru

All

It really is a neat looking (salty ?) boat. It's not for me but that OK as my boat isn't for someone else but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate something that is unique.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:45 PM   #271
Art
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdowney717 View Post
I have full access on both engines. With center walkway. My gen is under the rear aft deck. !970 Egg Harbor 37.
All hatches you lift out of the way completely if desired. Carpet goes over the edges of hatch openings and all hatches.

In this pic, I am getting ready to haul engine out of bilge to rebuild in the cabin.
I adore 60's / 70's ... 37' Eggs

Back in the day, working on wood boats at LI, NY "boat yards", I did much on Egg Harbor, Chris Craft, Owens, Elco... etc. Eggs are a jewel!!!
Old 04-19-2017, 06:58 PM   #272
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Carquinez Coot is certainly salty, and it is great to choose and have built the boat you want, to be happy with it and enjoy it, as much as Mark and Perla obviously do. Having your ultimate boat which serves your requirements is a fine achievement in boating.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #273
Art
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post
That view is looking through the saloon The pilothouse has windows looking sternward, overlooking the saloon's roof.

Understood! Can you see your stern while hands on wheel and throttle/clutch?

One way or the other I know you love it... therefore... I love it for you and Perla.

BTW - Went through all your photos - Nice!
Old 04-19-2017, 07:16 PM   #274
Guru

BruceK

Is there an ultimate boat? Really? I've been looking for many years to no avail, every time I think I've found the holy grail I realize the error of my ways and it's back to the dreaming.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:33 PM   #275
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Bigfish, I think it can be, the boat you have is the boat you want. It`s good to dream, but balancing changing boats with all that entails (incl getting right all the things you originally thought were right), how long you will be boating, how you use the boat, finances, etc, there can be an "I`m happy, this is what I want and need" plateau.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:40 PM   #276
Art
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsfish View Post
BruceK

Is there an ultimate boat? Really? I've been looking for many years to no avail, every time I think I've found the holy grail I realize the error of my ways and it's back to the dreaming.
In one word - Yes!!

It's the boat that you have at the time you have it... cause... you may not live to see the next boat. Therefore, seeing as being able to be a pleasure boater defines "Ultimately Perfect", the current boat must also be - "ULTIMATELY - PERFECT"!!
Old 04-19-2017, 07:52 PM   #277
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Quote:
In one word - Yes!!

It's the boat that you have at the time you have it... cause... you may not live to see the next boat. Therefore, seeing as being able to be a pleasure boater defines "Ultimately Perfect", the current boat must also be - "ULTIMATELY - PERFECT"!!
I sort of agree, but at the same time, freely admit my Lotus is far from perfect. But because I know her inside and out, and with all her perfections, because I have had to do most stuff myself and know that none of them are mission critical, (unlike toilet issues for instance), I can live with it all and still enjoy her, because I am willing to accept the imperfections.

Sadly, as I am also finding, prospective new owners, ie buyers, are less willing to accept those imperfections, even though for a near new model they would pay 5 times as much for it. So it looks like we won't be parting with Lotus in the foreseeable future. 2iC not as happy with that as I am...
Old 04-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #278
Guru

So I guess we are all saying that we will compromise. I long ago realized that each boat I've owned I just learned what I don't want and maybe I'll get lucky and get some of the things I really want. LOL
Old 04-19-2017, 08:58 PM   #279
Guru

City: Adelaide
Vessel Name: Kokanee
Vessel Model: Cuddles 30 Pilot House Motor Sailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codger2 View Post
and one of the most photogenic!
AusCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:14 PM   #280
Master and Commander

Trust you all like your own boats.