Dripless Seal Bellows Size on 390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbbmillar

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Mainia
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
I want to order a replacement kit to rebuild the PYI PSS Shaft Seal on our 390 before I break the old one loose. The shaft is 1.75" and I think the stern tube is 3.5". Does anyone know for sure what the stern tube size is?

We're out for a thruster problem and I want to do the seal while we are out. The one on the boat works great, but is 12 years old.

Jamie
Maina, 02 Mainship 390

I want to order a replacement kit to rebuild the PYI PSS Shaft Seal on our 390 before I break the old one loose. The shaft is 1.75" and I think the stern tube is 3.5". Does anyone know for sure what the stern tube size is?

We're out for a thruster problem and I want to do the seal while we are out. The one on the boat works great, but is 12 years old.

Jamie
Maina, 02 Mainship 390
If you look on the PYI website, you will see that they offer different stern tube sizes to go along with shaft sizes. Just measure both and order accordingly.

Yes, I've been to the PYI site. I was hoping someone could tell me the MS 390 stern tube size. I had a little trouble measuring it. I think it's 3.5", but the bellows come in 3.25" and 3.75" also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom