Old 01-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #1

City: Sassafras River, Maryland
Vessel Name: Seventh Sojourn
Vessel Model: Mainship 400
Dimensions of swim platform on MS400 Trawler 2004 or similar

I am working on a project to find a suitable set of dinghy davits and the boat is 2 hours away. If anyone has ready access to theirs could they please measure the length and width of the swim platform for me?

Thanks!

The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore. Dale Carnegie
garmstro55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:17 PM   #2

City: Higden
Look at Martek , used then for Achilles with 15 hp Honda. Worked well. Have pics ,but canít find button to send them .

Alan Mainship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:51 PM   #3
Guru

City: Saltspring Island
Vessel Name: Retreat
Vessel Model: C&L 44
If you are going to do a straight hoist, dinghy remaining upright, your dinghy will want to sit on the swimgrid, no matter how wide it is. I use a pair of maple flooring boards (because I have a bunch) that i place like a ramp below the davits, one end firmly attached to a cleat on the davit support, the other end resting on the edge of the swimgrid. when lowering my RIB (750 # including 40 hp) it slides nicely down the ramps to the water, no more trying to stay on the swimgrid.
The depth of the swimgrid is about 30" or 32", and doesn't impair my ability to get the dinghy up or down.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:31 AM   #4

City: Sassafras River, Maryland
Vessel Name: Seventh Sojourn
Vessel Model: Mainship 400
I was looking for something that didn't clutter up the swim platform or even create a toe-stubber as we use the platform a lot. Also, it would be a bonus if they were removable when we weren't using the dink. This setup accomplishes both goals.

I was going to order them but wanted to double-check on the depth I had with the platform to make sure the receiver tubes would not stick out past the edge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	98403  

The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore. Dale Carnegie
garmstro55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

City: Kingston Ontario
Vessel Name: Cartouche
Vessel Model: Mainship 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmstro55 View Post
I was looking for something that didn't clutter up the swim platform or even create a toe-stubber as we use the platform a lot. Also, it would be a bonus if they were removable when we weren't using the dink. This setup accomplishes both goals.

I was going to order them but wanted to double-check on the depth I had with the platform to make sure the receiver tubes would not stick out past the edge.
We Installed Weavers with a 6" extension on our 390, we bought the removable option kit, all that is on platform when Dingy is launched is the 4" x 4" flat plate. The stand offs hold the dingy when stored to be slightly forward of vertical, allowing for ) water to get in the dingy in heaviest rain or swell great and simple solution
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Cartouche is offline   Reply With Quote