Custom bedding for Mainship 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue Eagle

Vessel Name
Verdego
Vessel Make
Mainship 400
The Wife and I are interested in finding fitted sheets for the V Berth in our Mainship 400. Has anybody had experience with this? Any suggestions or recommendations?

Welcome aboard. We bought oversize sheets and cut them down to make custom fitted sheets. Worked well.

mainship 400 sheets

We just had bedding made for our Mainship 400 at Quahog Bay Bedding in Brunswick ME. They did a nice job

Gioia Sails may have been the OEM supplier, and if so they'll likely have patterns for your mattresses.

-Chris

The Wife and I are interested in finding fitted sheets for the V Berth in our Mainship 400. Has anybody had experience with this? Any suggestions or recommendations?
Know anyone with a sewing machine?
They are not all that hard to make them DIY
I buy flat sheets at W- World and made a mattress pattern and use that to layout & cut the pieces.
Happy to outline the steps if anyone can DIY or have a friend/ relative that will sew the pics together for them.

Super easy to make quickly on any sewing machine. A square corner is just a square cut out of a flat sheet with the raw edges stitched together. If your mattress bottom is more narrow, a triangle is probably the solution, but surely almost any boat canvas book will have directions. Amazon usually shows you the Table of Contents. The nice thing is you can also custom-make your top sheet so that it is fitted at the bottom for a nice fit. Good to do for home linens & crib linens, too. I make them for shower/layette gifts. Another advantage of DIY is that you can choose your favorite sheets for your boat. BradsDeals.com often has great offers. I got my lovely queen Egyptian cotton sheets through them for c. $23 a set.

Back
Top Bottom