Better check bedding of your deck fittings
The first item I discovered on this boat requiring some bedding (not re-bedding, because there was NONE!) was the large diameter bronze emergency bilge pump exhaust on the side of the boat. It was the source of a fair amount of water ingress as water rose up on the side at certain speeds.
Today, out of concern for water intrusion into the balsa core of the deck, I completed re-bedding every deck fitting on the boat except railing bases and cleats, which I could not lift. There were some small after -market fittings with NO bedding compound whatsoever, but there was bedding compound under all the original fittings, not all of it being completely effective judging by the traces of dirt I saw on the old bedding compound left behind after I lifted some of them.
The interesting thing about the bedding under the original fittings was that every fitting popped cleanly off of the bedding leaving the compound still quite firmly attached to the deck. I wonder if the Mainship people sprayed some sort of release chemical onto the metal fittings to facilitate removal. It has never been a practice I ever heard of or practiced myself.
FROLIC (2005 MainShip 30 Pilot II)
Panama City area