40 mainship trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomsboat

Vessel Make
Mainship Trawler
I posted this in the other forum I have a 2007 trawler I'm having electrical problem told ground mixed with negative bars are part of problem.I also trying to find out what fuses protect in fuses box under lower helm steering wheel behind AC grill.

I posted this in the other forum I have a 2007 trawler I'm having electrical problem told ground mixed with negative bars are part of problem.I also trying to find out what fuses protect in fuses box under lower helm steering wheel behind AC grill.

I'm not sure what 'other forum' you're referring to, but I couldn't find any other threads in your history with the same content here on TF.

'Ground mixing with negative bars'. This is a concept I am not familiar with. Are you describing reversed polarity? Whoever told you this might need to elaborate.

The easiest way to map a fuse bus/panel is to turn everything on, then pull one fuse at a time and see what shuts off.

"Ground mixing with negative bars" is a pretty cryptic description. But it might relate to the problem with the AC's ground system I had on my 2006 Mainship 34T. The ground was never connected to the chassis case on the Charles isolation transformer. I discovered this when I plugged a ground/neutral tester into an outlet socket.

The same incompentent installer who did mine, might have also have done yours!

David

Back
Top Bottom