30 Pilot II engine hatch gas shocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rgano

Guru
Vessel Name
FROLIC
Vessel Make
Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
Ever since I added a bunch of Sounddown on the underside of my Pilot’s engine hatch, I have noted the anemic 100-pound strut which came with the boat would occasionally sag letting the hatch drop whenever I did not put the safety prop up. You link made it a snap for me to find the exact struts I have and to jump up one strength to 150-pound struts. At 20 dollars a pop, I could have experimented and go higher if the 150s had not done the job. In removing the originals I found that there is an external wire keeper wound around the ball and inserted in a small hole. It must be clipped out of there or you are in for a tough time getting the old strut off. The new ones have a split ring keeper internal to the ball and just snap right on. Now my hatch stays firmly up and is lots easier to raise. Thanks again to Dana for the info on inductrialhardwaredirect.com as the source.

I have a Pilot 34 and am curious if anyone has added sound insulation to the inboard side of each fuel tank to absorb engine noise?

I have added some to the inside surfaces of my tanks. It is convoluted foam (egg crate) from soundproofcow.com

Have you noticed an appreciable sound reduction?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom