Old 12-15-2019, 11:27 AM   #1
Guru

City: Savannah, Ga.
Vessel Name: Indigo Star
Vessel Model: 2006 Mainship 400
2006 Mainship 40 wire route from mast?

Hello,
We bought an intellian i3 satellite system and a dome mast mount. We will be running the RF coax down from the mast to the area above the refrigerator, where the tuner and sat tv receiver will be.

Does anybody know where the cables come out of the mast/upper deck and how they can be accessed from the cabin?

Sure hope I don't have to take the headliner down..

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
Old 12-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #2
Guru

City: Carrabelle, FL
Vessel Name: Morgan
Vessel Model: '05 Mainship 40T
On my boat the cables come out of a hole near the foot of mast on the stb side, they then enter the summer kitchen through the side. There is a pass through from the summer kitchen to under the aft/port side fly bridge bench. The cables run under the port bench forward to under the FB helm. Take out the port side glove box in order to reach the fwd end of the bench.

The only access that I know of from the fly bridge to the lower helm is through the rigging tube that runs from the space under the lower helm up through the galley cabinetry behind the trash can compartment and into the stb side fly bridge bench. If your boat is like mine, it will be a VERY tight fit through the rigging tube.

Once the cable is into the storage are under the lower helm you can run it back into the fridge compartment and up to the TV.

Easy Peasy, right? Good news is you won't have to take the headliner down.

It may be possible to cut access into the FB from inside the fridge compartment, or maybe access already exists. It doesn't on my boat. That MIGHT be easier than using the overstuffed, poorly designed rigging tube.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
Dougcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #3
Guru

City: Savannah, Ga.
Vessel Name: Indigo Star
Vessel Model: 2006 Mainship 400
Ok...hmm, I ran a NEMA backbone cable down that conduit this weekend but I didn't realize that all the wiring to/from the two decks goes thru it...ok,. In that case that rg6 coax cable run is gonna be pretty long
Jeff..
Old 12-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Maybe get some cable lube???
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:22 PM   #5
Guru

City: Carrabelle, FL
Vessel Name: Morgan
Vessel Model: '05 Mainship 40T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefndeb View Post
Ok...hmm, I ran a NEMA backbone cable down that conduit this weekend but I didn't realize that all the wiring to/from the two decks goes thru it...ok,. In that case that rg6 coax cable run is gonna be pretty long
Jeff..

Ours has the TV antenna under the FB helm, if yours has one there maybe you could use that cable to pull the new one through? Just a thought.
Dougcole is offline   Reply With Quote